Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What gun to buy

• 13-11-2006 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

Hi, new enough to the sport, havnt been to any games and dont have a gun yet but am looking to get one. I've had springers for years so i wouldnt be completely new to the whole thing but they were never any good.

Im want a gun that looks realistic, has a ralistic weight and of coarse is a good gun to shoot. i will be mainly using it for target shooting until i get into the sport more so just want a pistol for now. have been looking around and saw this which i love the look of and its from TM which seem to be one of the good makes. any thoughts?

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?subcatid=278

its the 11th gun as you scroll down the page, hi-capa 5.1

I'm also open to other recomendations.
    and as wolfarmories stock TM guns would they have this gun if i anted to get it from there as i might be over in england on sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

The Uncompany custom version of it that you pointed out does look sweet, but you would be mad to pay that much for it, check out the link for the same gun (minus the fancy acutrements admitedly) its about $200 cheaper on ehobby

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marui-HI-CAPA-5-1-Airsoft-Gas-Blow-Back-Pistol-IPSC-Gun_W0QQitemZ270053364277QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31685QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

If its going to be your first gun there isn't much of point spending a lot of money as you may decide that you dont really enjoy the sport. Anyway aren't you a cop, you could always just confiscate one in fact i know this guy in bray who has a really nice famas :D

Actually as a first gun how about anything from this page
    http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?subcatid=175
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

....wait a minute.. *hides his famas*

thats an insane price for that gun. you'd get an aeg for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

If you want something robust Spitfire, that doesnt require batteries and charging or dont want to be on the lookout for gas to keep your airsoft running then get a bolt action weapon, ie a sniper. Great fun for general back yard shooting where you want accuracy over rate of fire, less finiky internal moving parts that could get easily damaged with broken bb's etc and they look darn good too!

I recommend the VSR 10....

Master of the Universe

a bolt action is great fun for backyard plinking. i love mine. i really dont think it'd be much fun in a proper skirmish though. not unless you were "really" into the whole sniper thing. which probabaly seems more fun then it actually is

if you want a vsr 10 go for the gspec over on ehobby asia. its a litte more expensive. but it comes with a silencer and a scope mount :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Hi Spitfire,
    Welcome to the group. Like the lads say its a lot of money to pay. Start of with what you are comfortable with and go from there. The gun you have picked out is a most excellent looking piece. I have not thought much about a hand gun as have set my sights on a SIG 552 by TM.

Hand gun will come latter:D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

yes same here. i havent really given much thought to one. strange really, as they look amazing. fun to play with too! i must sort something out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

Yeah, as the lads are saying, get a rifle first. Hand gun second.
    If you haven't played at all, I'd recommend going to a site as a rental first and see if you like it.

Then if you think you'll do it more often, buy an AEG (or sniper rifle if that's your thing). For AEG's though, do not go for the cheap option with speedytoys and the likes (if you've decided you want to go and get something).

Get a Tokyo Marui or Classic Army weapon to start things off with. I'd recommend a Classic Army if you're going for an armalite (e.g. an M4).

Other than that I can recommend the G36c as a fantastic weapon.
    You'd also might want to check out second hand guns at www.airsoftireland.com or some of the UK airsoft sites (though be weary what you get there...I bought a crap TM SR-16).

Master of the Universe

i couldn't imagine anyone ever firing a rental AEG and not wanting one themselves!

you really cant beat Tokyo Marui for a first weapon. everyone seems to swear by them. (apart from the odd classic army fanboy i come across on some boards who's just looking to troll ;) )

and you cant beat ehobby asia price wise on a Tokyo Marui ;) heh, i swear i dont work for them, honest!

handguns are fun. and if thats your thing fair enough. but the *real* fun is with AEGs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

the reason i wanted a pistol was to "play" in the yard with, not big on the bolt action rifle as i have a proper .22 air rifle already for that although the g-spec vsr10 is a sexy looking piece of kitt in black with the silencer.

I dont know if i was dreaming or what coz i was a bit tired but i thought i saw something online about AEG Pistols if anyone can shed light on that subject. I love the look of that pistol i found but i agree it is a bit pricey................. for a first gun anyway.

I think i'll go with the ingram11 just to see what the guns are like as a starter coz its only 100quid with a silencer on wolf so its cheap enough.

There seems to be too many larger guns to choose from, i want one of each of about 30 so far. id like a black ak47, id like a (pair) mp5K and a few of the other mp5 varients are nice too, id like the M4 with some extras on it, id like the (i think) G36c, the one from stargate and tonnes more i cant remember right now.

Anyone tried bringing a gun back on the ferry from england? last time i was on the ferry there wasnt a hint of baggage checks. it might have changed now though?

Yeah you can get AEG pistols. Pretty cheap as well some of them but I have not tried any. Personelly I would not attempt to bring one on the ferry. The UK side wouldnt gove a **** but the Irish side might take offence to it. Best thing to do is put in a box over in the UK and post it to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

I wouldn't get an AEG Pistol. The energy output isn't that great on them. Stick to Gas Blowbacks for sidearms and AEG for primary weapons.

Again, I'd suggest trying it first and/or having a friend that has one drop over with his to give it a go. That way, should you decide you like it, you can then spend the 100 that you may waste on something cheap and sink it into something better. My 2 cent.

Master of the Universe

i would not suggest the imgram mac 11 as a weapon to buy if you wanna just try out airsoft. a gas blowback sub machine gun is very different from an AEG. the only similarity really is that they both fire bbs. its hard work to maintain and is a bit of a stubborn bitch sometimes. an aeg will work flawlessly (hopefully) without too much work.

most electric airsoft pistols you see (AEP) are powered by AAA batteries and their power output is rubbish. they are not worth considering.

Tokyo Marui have the Glock 18c (AEP) but it takes a little stick recharge battery and is meant to be very good. still not as powerful as a gas blowback, the side doesnt move either. but it wont crap out on you due to the cold or something. i was considering getting one at some point.

CYMA have a clone of this Marui pistol. its meant to be identical in nearly every way. just half the price.

nhedge wrote:
    I wouldn't get an AEG Pistol. The energy output isn't that great on them. Stick to Gas Blowbacks for sidearms and AEG for primary weapons.

Again, I'd suggest trying it first and/or having a friend that has one drop over with his to give it a go. That way, should you decide you like it, you can then spend the 100 that you may waste on something cheap and sink it into something better. My 2 cent.

Not only that but I would imagine the battery's would not last to long either.

My apologies by the way for using a sware word in my last post, I was trying to figure out why there was **** where I know I typed ****:o The system or admin must have over written it.

Master of the Universe

as far as i know the AAA batteries only last a couple of mags. the Marui battery stick would hopefully last a long longer. anyway, its rechargeable!

Advertisement