Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fun things to do

Options
  • 13-11-2006 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I am curious what others do for fun in and around cork. I am looking for fun touristy things, like neolithic stuff, blarney castle, etc, but also other fun stuff, perhaps laser tag, perhaps an amusement park (which is likely not to be open until the spring thaw, but ...)

I am aware there are places to drink and all that and not interested in yet another thread about the best bars and all that. I am interested in all the other stuff that must be out there somewhere :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Looks like there's nothing fun to do in Cork.....

As locals we never really think of the touristy stuff. Off the top of my head, you could go to east Cork for the day; see Barryscourt Castle and Fota Wildlife Park in Carrigtwohill, the Titanic exhibit and cathedral in Cobh, the Jameson Distillery in Midleton, that tower yoke in Cloyne and get a meal at Ballymaloo (spelling?) cookery school in Shanagarry\Ballycotton. Of course all those could be closed now we're out of tourist season. Fota might have ice skating soon though....

You could try karting in Watergrasshill. They used to only leave you out if the weather is good but lately I've heard they'll leave you out in a monsoon. They've a new club house up there too.

The only lazer tag place I know of is kinda crappy. There's a place out beyond Charleville that does paintballing. I hear they've got a fairly big, professional setup these days.

Advertisement