Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night before the wedding

• 13-11-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

My fiance and I lve in Sligo but we're planning on getting married in Co. Waterford where my parents live. What I'm wondering is is it still a big no-no for the bride and groom to see each other before the church service? Do I have to pawn him off on an aunt or uncle or can he stay in my parents' house? Or given I'll probably be wound up to the last is it a good idea to keep him safe somewhere else?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

I'd say its a good idea probably that he stays somewhere else because like you said you'll be (most likely, like any bride on the morning of her wedding) wound up.

If you're having your wedding reception in a hotel perhaps he could stay in that particular hotel the night before if you don't want to subjectg him to your family. ( i know thats what I'll be doing). Also I'm presuming his parents will need somewhere to stay as well so they could all stay there. If the hotel is a bit on the pricey side maybe b&b's in the area or something.

All things aside, i know that I want my future husband-to-be to see me for the first time on my wedding day is looking all glammed up and beautiful and that he's taken back. But i'm just being me :)

Advertisement