Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP Memory!

• 13-11-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Can anyone help, I got a psp recently and want to rip my dvds to watch on it. I'm gonna get a 2gb mem card but does anyone know how many dvds or tv eps i can get on that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

i've seen rips in .avi in around 500-600 MB, but i don't know in MP4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i dloaded a DVD a week or so a go in MP4 and think it was about 400mb (not 100% will check when i get home)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have encoded DVD's down to 350ish Mb in MP4 format for putting on the PSP. I think I was using the lowest resolution settings in PSPvideo9 which is not great but perfectly OK for my needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

I tend not to watch many movies on my PSP but I put Curious george on it for my son. I compressed it using DVDfab Platinum and got it done to 150mb for a approx 90mins. quality was very good, but since it was animated it may not be a true reflection of the average size.

but at those settings you would get 1hour for every 100mb, so about 19 hours on a 2gig stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

through pspvideo9, you could get about an hour and a halfs worth of film for about 600mb. that's on top quality though. but with such a small screen, top quality isn't necessary. you'd fit around 6 decent quality films on a 2 gig memory stick. i saw one on ebay with a "buy it now" price of $40. there must be a catch. how much was yours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

bought 2 2GB disks on ebay for approx. e30. Think the sellers name was phatom packet. Works perfect!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

AntiRip wrote:
    bought 2 2GB disks on ebay for approx. e30. Think the sellers name was phatom packet. Works perfect!:)

I see that the seller is shipping from Hong Kong, did you have any probelms with this and how long did it take to arrive?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

storka wrote:
    I see that the seller is shipping from Hong Kong, did you have any probelms with this and how long did it take to arrive?!

No problems at all. They're MagicGate Memory Cards. Took 5 days to ship. Great product and great seller :)

Advertisement