Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going out with work collegue / older girl

• 13-11-2006 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

there is a girl in work that i know really likes me (all the girls have said so on the hush hush, signals i get etc)
    but im confused as im not sure I 100% like her or not, she kinda has asked me out to group dinners / movies etc but i've made excuses like have plans etc..
    She is slightly older than me (couple yrs), but feel that she may want to settle down pretty quick (body clock and all that) and that working together quite close could pose probs down the line esp if it ends bad.
    i suppose my fears are
    1- i've never really been with an older woman, it just doesnt appeal - am i just being too picky??
    2- working quite close - again it can be problematic, i would like to keep work and love life seperate, could be

She is nice and everything and we get on well, but it just doesnt click if you know what i mean. Im happy being single although do miss some aspects of a girlfriend etc

anyone got any thoughts??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If it doesn't "click" for you, as you say, then move on. A couple of years is really not important if you fancy each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

anon07 wrote:
    anyone got any thoughts??

Yes- I dont understand your problem. You either like her or you dont. Make up your mind. It really is THAT easy (TM)

K-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'
    but im confused as im not sure I 100% like her or not

if you liked her you'd be sure, honestly you really shouldn't have to think about whether you like someone or not! as was already said you either do or you dont!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

anon07 wrote:
    but im confused as im not sure I 100% like her or not

If you are not sure, dont ask her out.
    anon07 wrote:
    1- i've never really been with an older woman, it just doesnt appeal - am i just being too picky??
    She is only a couple of years older than you... thats nothing! By the way..juts how old IS she if you think her bio clock is ticking?

[/QUOTE]2- working quite close - again it can be problematic, i would like to keep work and love life seperate[/QUOTE]
    I have had relationships with work colleagues.... personally i like to keep them separate, though a lot of people go for them.

[/QUOTE]but it just doesnt click if you know what i mean. Im happy being single although do miss some aspects of a girlfriend etc[/QUOTE]
    That answers your question

Ifd you dnt click, and you dont like realtionships with those you work with then there is no point pursuing it.

Advertisement