Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio in the Galway area Please

• 13-11-2006 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    could anyone please recommend a good physio in Galway?

Having absolutely desperate problems with my knee since the marathon. Tried to run last week and only lasted half a mile before it blew up. Managed a mile tonight but it all went badly wrong. Had a little discomfort when I started running but it never affected my gait and was quite slight.

Howeve tonight was I-AM-GOING-TO-VOMIT-AND-I'M-SEEING-STARS-AND-MY-LEG-IS-GOING-TO-SNAP-IN-TWO pain. I've never experienced anything like it.

I think I need help with it and am desperately missing my running (strangled sob). I really appreciate any suggestions for this

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Check out Mike Lynch. He is a very good Physical Therapist based in Galway.

Mike Lynch
    Galway Physical Therapy Clinic
    21a Mill street
    Galway

Tel: 091 569906
    Mob: 086 3366016
    Email: info@galwayptc.com
    Web: www.galwayptc.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

thanks for your reply, much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Hardy,

How did you get on at this physio? I'm suffering from an ankle sprain. This is the third time I have hurt it. Tried physio first and did the exercises but still managed to sprain it again. Then tried acupuncture. seemed to work better but ankle went again after 3 months while playng sports. Kinda lost now at what to do but thought I could try this physio is the reports are good.

Or can anyone else recommend my next best step?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

I got on ok with Mike but in the meantime have found a physical therapist that I'm REALLY happy with. His name is Derek King and he operates from rooms at the Kingfisher club. He's very involved and indeed passionate about fitness and nutrition and treats lots of runners. In fact at the moment he said that about 50% of his clients are marathoners due to Dublin, Chicago and NY approaching.

His number is 0866092834

Advertisement