Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing image width with css

Options
  • 13-11-2006 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey people,

I've to do a website for college and have run into a little bit of a problem.

You can see the site here
    And the css here

Basically the Welcome text and the blue line image are inside the same div and what i'm trying to do is get the Welcome on the left and the image along side it. Not underneath it.
    But I want the image to stretch to fill the space left over in the div after putting in the text.

You can see an example of this here, done with tables and fix image widths.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    euph

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You should have a look at putting the image as a background of the div in css. You can set it to tile horizontally and position it to the right a bit so it begins after the welcome.

Advertisement