Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 48k download speed on 2MB connection

Options
  • 13-11-2006 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

During 6 mths that I've been on the 2MB Eircom connection, I've never downloaded more than 2-3GB per month - usually all of that over the course of a few days when I had time.

So as it happens, over the past days, I downloaded probably about 3GB. Yesterday I noticed the connection had gone REALLY slow and have just measured it on the Hosting 365 page - 48k!!

Are Eircom throttling me? I don't use torrents, but am downloading directly from a couple of filesharing sites.
    If they are blocking me, how do I get them to let go?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

stop downloading Copyrighted material?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭easy_as_easy

good one agent smith. ya cheese cake.

im the same my boardband has been really ****ing **** over the past 2-3 weeks.

my router says ive a got full speed, but tests show 80% service, wtf eircom?? is there some up with the lines? are they doing repairs??

jesus i need a reliable isp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah same here in Monasterevin Kildare.
    Been terrible for weeks now.
    Im on 3meg line evening peak times my ingame pings are like 300 and dload speeds as slow as 20kbps.
    During the day and morning all is moving along nicely once peak time arrives its worse than dialup..
    Totally sick of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

eircom broadband getting about 10-30 kbps gorey count wexford

Eircoms whole network is an absolute joke.
    Even more of a joke than their support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Dcully wrote:
    Eircoms whole network is an absolute joke.

Ahh yummy 300k d/l speed!! (on Eircom in the midlands)
    Never had a problem with the network, or my free webspace for that matter, except for my modem timing out periodically!
    Dcully wrote:
    Even more of a joke than their support.
    Ahh now lets not go that far!! I have to talk to them feckers tomorrow... please hold...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

eircom isdn 64k and getting speeds of 10k
    considering your on a 2000k package mine looks preety good

Ahh yummy 300k d/l speed!! (on Eircom in the midlands)
    Never had a problem with the network, or my free webspace for that matter, except for my modem timing out periodically!

Lucky you,ive enjoyed the same performance as you now get for close to 2 years without complaint but these last 3 weeks are a nightmare in my town once evening time comes around.

Advertisement