Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how 2 transfer files from lappie to deskie?

Options
  • 13-11-2006 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hi all!
    Just reformatted my HDD on desktop do i Dl'd the drivers to my laptop,so can i transfer these by cat 5 cable?
    If so how?
    thanx
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

USB memory stick? Burn em on a CD?
    Did the network card not come with drivers on a CD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

yup no apps disc unfortunately!cannot find it!
    transferred the files via cd but no joy as yet,
    any ideas?
    thanx
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Hi all!
    Just reformatted my HDD on desktop do i Dl'd the drivers to my laptop,so can i transfer these by cat 5 cable?
    If so how?
    thanx
    john

Hard to know what is being asked here !...... did windows have / install drivers for the nic on the pc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

i have wiped the hdd,downloaded drivers,put the drivers on the desktop and I cannot connect to the net,I am not sure if i need the applications and drivers disk(not sure if it came with the pc).
    thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

i have wiped the hdd,downloaded drivers,put the drivers on the desktop and I cannot connect to the net,I am not sure if i need the applications and drivers disk(not sure if it came with the pc).
    thanx

You are still being very vague in what you are asking. So you have reformatted the hard drive. You have reinstalled operating system. You can't connect to the internet from the desktop? How did you download the drivers? What exactly are you trying to do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Check the device manager to see if the drivers are installed for the NIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Urban Kaos

Dunno if its worth mentioning, if u got a wireless network setup at home then u can probably share the folders u want to transfer across from the main pc to the lappie.

Alternatively you can *ahem* source PCAnywhere or UltraVNC and transfer it that way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 garrybenson

Hello contributors, found this very old thread and am hoping to revive. Purchased an Aldi Medion PC about 2/3 years ago. I used it very infrequently as I work mainly on the work laptop. The daughter upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and from what I understand it's not been operating well since. I'm out of work right now so set up the PC for myself and it loos like I have to either get a recovery disc and return the PC to pre-windows 10 state of better still find someone who does this for a living here in Cork. It's a Medion AK01A P7360D PC, MSN Number 10013613 (MDD885). Would anyone have the recovery disc for this PC Type of maybe point me in the direction of a PC Doctor here in Cork that may be able to advise. I have spent hours trying to get Medion to help me but not one single reply in a week. I will take any advice available (Including if I should have started a new thread as opposed to posting on a very old one), Thanks Board Members.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 garrybenson

Hello contributors, found this very old thread and am hoping to revive. Purchased an Aldi Medion PC about 2/3 years ago. I used it very infrequently as I work mainly on the work laptop. The daughter upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and from what I understand it's not been operating well since. I'm out of work right now so set up the PC for myself and it looks like I have to either get a recovery disc and return the PC to pre-windows 10 state of better still find someone who does this for a living here in Cork. It's a Medion AK01A P7360D PC, MSN Number 10013613 (MDD885). Would anyone have the recovery disc for this PC Type of maybe point me in the direction of a PC Doctor here in Cork that may be able to advise. I have spent hours trying to get Medion to help me but not one single reply in a week. I will take any advice available (Including if I should have started a new thread as opposed to posting on a very old one), Thanks Board Members.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

You can rollback to Windows 7 from 10 afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

mordeith wrote: »
    You can rollback to Windows 7 from 10 afaik.

Think that has to be within 30 days of the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Ant695 wrote: »
    Think that has to be within 30 days of the upgrade.

Yeah, I think you might be right

Advertisement