Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-Directory number in phone book

Options
  • 14-11-2006 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I was wondering if anyone here knows what i can do/whom i can lodge a complaint with,about my ex-directory number appearing in the phone book.
    I am absolutely raging about it to say the least. I emailed consumerline@comreg but have received no reply as yet.
    I know that it may not seem like a big deal but i value my privacy and have always preferred to keep my landline number for those whom i wanted to have it.
    Thanks in advance for any advice
    K

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Best try the data protection commisioner, www.dataprivacy.ie .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

If you have any query about your entry in the phonebook send your details to
    phonebook@GoldenPages.ie or freefone us on 1800 488 588.

(I know it says Golden Pages, but this is for the eircom phonebook)

Go easy on them OP, I know it's frustrating, but could be an honest mistake - give them a chance to apologise before blasting them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Not much really. It happened to me a couple of years ago and i bolloxed eircom. They admitted it was ex directory, so they gave me a new number free of charge.

Advertisement