Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waffles

• 14-11-2006 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

not the potato kind, but the american kind. what exactly are they made of? how do you make them and does anyone know where i can purchase a waffle iron. i've tried argos but they don't seem to have one.

just got pinings for some waffles mmmm:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Here's a recipe from the interweb:

Waffle batter
    (1 Servings)
    2 cups flour
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 cup milk
    1 cup double cream
    3 eggs
    4 teaspoon melted butter

Sift flour, salt, powder and sugar. In bowl beat milk, cream, eggs and butter until frothy. Slowly add dry ingredients to make a thick batter. Cook in well greased waffle iron.

Maybe try kitchen Complements on Chatham Street off Grafton Street.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I got a waffle iron years ago in Denmark. Its instruction manual came with great recipies in it. I must see if I can find it for you.

You seem to be able to buy them on Amazon UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jaysus didn't think that they'd be that expensive.

judging by the price on amazon i'll give that place an chatham street a shot or maybe santa will purchase one for me for christmas:D

cheers for the recipe.

Advertisement