Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van Nistelrooy Masterclass & Bittersweet Weekend for Barcelona

• 14-11-2006 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

I never really liked him at Man Utd but it looks like Madrid have got themselves a bargain. Last night he obliterated Osasuna with 4 classic predatory finishes as well as having another disallowed, taking his goal tally for the season to 11. His fourth was particularly special by his standards.

RVN Goals on Google Video

Yousendit Download limited availability

Meanwhile, Barcelona suffered a major blow with news that Messi will be accompanying Eto'o on the sidelines for 3 months thanks to a broken metatarsal.

On a more positive note for them, at least Ronaldinho seems to be regaining some form. At 1-0 down to high flying Zaragoza he turned on the magic by scoring a rare header and sensational freekick. He was then denied a hatrick when another freekick hit the bar in injury time, but Saviola was on hand to make it 3-1 and take them back to the top of La Liga.

Youtube Highlights

Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldinho, Kanoute, and Milito (who was sent off at the Nou Camp) are now joint top scorers in the division with 8 goals apiece.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Two of Ruud's goals were almost outside the box! Whats going on? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Two of Ruud's goals were almost outside the box! Whats going on? :D
    I know, it's mad! He did actually score from outside the box in their 4-1 away win against Levante when he got another hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

He's always been a great goalscorer, and he's just proving that he can do it anywhere... Holland, England then Spain

Real did indeed get a bargain, but there was no way he'd have stayed another season at united.

I miss him, but looking at how united play now, i think we don't miss him as much. Goals are going in all over the pitch at the minute.

He'll always be a red legend in my opinion, its a shame that it went sour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Hats off to Ruud, I honestly thought he had lost a small bit of the class he had at United, clearly not. His third goal was a beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ruud, amazing player, love him. Great to see him do well. Hope Real draw United in the CL so we can give him a proper send off, he deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PHB wrote:
    Ruud, amazing player, love him. Great to see him do well. Hope Real draw United in the CL so we can give him a proper send off, he deserves it.

would be interesting that, the way Rio is playing and how well Vidic is doing...would be great game and brilliant tv. Still havta do a job against Celtic and Benfica though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Always was and still is a world class finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Barca also have Saviola out injured for a couple of weeks, along with Maxi Lopez out on loan at Mallorca. Options are in short supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Yeah ruud is a class act. Harshly treated by Man United i think. Even though I'm a barca fan, i'm glad to see him doing well for Real...

Barca's striking options are getting thin.... They'll have to go with Ronaldinho, Gudjohnsen and Guily I reckon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Even though I'm a barca fan, i'm glad to see him doing well for Real...

Why? Didn't he score against Barcelona this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Why? Didn't he score against Barcelona this season?

He sure did. Real deserved to win that game. Barca weren't at the races at all that day.....

I just think he's a class act. I liked him at Man.Utd and I think he was harshly treated by Alex Ferguson. By him proving himself again in another league it just makes Alex Ferguson look stupid, which is always nice to see :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

sofireland wrote:
    He's always been a great goalscorer, and he's just proving that he can do it anywhere... Holland, England then Spain

Real did indeed get a bargain, but there was no way he'd have stayed another season at united.

I miss him, but looking at how united play now, i think we don't miss him as much. Goals are going in all over the pitch at the minute.

He'll always be a red legend in my opinion, its a shame that it went sour

Absolutely, one of the greatest strikers United ever had.

I don't think Louis Saha has the same touch of class that he has and don't think he ever will.

But I suppose it shows that when we play like we are playing now, we don't need him. It hurts me to say it cause I miss him!!! :'(

Here's a good roundup of all the weekend's goals from the Spanish Primera Division:

Google Video

Limited Yousendit Download

APM wrote:
    Barca also have Saviola out injured for a couple of weeks, along with Maxi Lopez out on loan at Mallorca. Options are in short supply.
    I heard Saviola is expected to be out for up to 6 weeks.

Things are getting pretty desperate for Barca now, they're being linked with a loan move to bring back Henrik Larsson

Advertisement