Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CURRYS - Now open in Sligo

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rui

you lot up there are lucky make some phone calls go to dsg currys outlet price them then go to your laocal shop que very little don't listen to muck about extened warrenty get a get price on electrcal goods from some one you know and even have the uk high st an hour up the road in case nice one I am off to sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

rui wrote:
    you lot up there are lucky make some phone calls go to dsg currys outlet price them then go to your laocal shop que very little don't listen to muck about extened warrenty get a get price on electrcal goods from some one you know and even have the uk high st an hour up the road in case nice one I am off to sligo
    Apart from you being off to Sligo I didnt understand what that post was about.

Could you explain please and maybe include a couple of full stops etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Well I was up in Currys last week, been looking for an internet radio that they had advertised in their brochure, they haven't had any in since they opened.
    The first time I went in I did manage to talk to a shop assistant who tried to flog me a bog standard fm radio.
    Anyway the last few times I went in there I couldn't get to speak to anyone at all, there were only about 3 people serving and they were all busy.
    I went to pc world and found one in there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

magnumlady wrote:
    Well I was up in Currys last week, been looking for an internet radio that they had advertised in their brochure, they haven't had any in since they opened.
    The first time I went in I did manage to talk to a shop assistant who tried to flog me a bog standard fm radio.
    Anyway the last few times I went in there I couldn't get to speak to anyone at all, there were only about 3 people serving and they were all busy.

One person or one radio?:confused:;)

Both!!:D

• Advertisement

Also seen signs up in Currys saying when you buy a phone from them you have to buy an adaptor at an extra 5 euro.
    Wouldn't you think they would supply one with the phone as its not our fault they are selling phones with the wrong fitting.

magnumlady wrote:
    Also seen signs up in Currys saying when you buy a phone from them you have to buy an adaptor at an extra 5 euro.
    Wouldn't you think they would supply one with the phone as its not our fault they are selling phones with the wrong fitting.
    What's the adapter for?:confused:

Its to change the phone from a English plug to go into an Irish socket, they should give them free of charge seeing as they sell the phones over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

magnumlady wrote:

Went looking for the radio in Curry's myself, didnt see in PC world
    One or two of the staff are chancers in Curry's alright

The radio any good? worth buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

muffler wrote:
    well andyr went and created a 2nd account, WasBanned, in order to work around his initial ban. Opening duplicate or multiple accounts is the cardinal sin on boards.ie He has now been permanently site banned and that actually is not the responsibility of the moderators here as we dont have such power.

I will however look at the situation again in the near future and if I can get certain assurances from Andy then I will talk to one of the SMods about this.

We try to encourage members to be more active in this forum and it is only as a last resort that a ban will issue. We want to hold on to people here not drive them away but they must stick to the rules and for what its worth I didn't make the rules

This post seems wildly off topic to me, unless u bumped into him in curry's and told him he was barred,
    i mentioned Curry's, twice!:D

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote:
    Its to change the phone from a English plug to go into an Irish socket, they should give them free of charge seeing as they sell the phones over here.

FFS! That's crazy!
    Did you pay for it? If so did you argue with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

elshambo wrote:
    This post seems wildly off topic to me, unless u bumped into him in curry's and told him he was barred,
    i mentioned Curry's, twice!:D
    Seeing as you brought off topic posting to my attention :D - red card.

PM after a week if you feel you have something more mature to contribute

elshambo wrote:
    Went looking for the radio in Curry's myself, didnt see in PC world
    One or two of the staff are chancers in Curry's alright

The radio any good? worth buying?

Well I was in Currys today and they've got 10 of the bugger radios in today!!
    No price on them but in the brouchure it said 139. Quite big old yokes though.
    The one I got from pc world is called wireless music adapter, I like it, but it messes about quite a bit, and you have to go through the philips website which when it goes down you get nothing. Its fiddley, so I might well have been better with the Currys one, although I have read some bad reviews about it (that its buzzy) but at least it has its own speaker.

Gillie wrote:
    FFS! That's crazy!
    Did you pay for it? If so did you argue with them?

Nah I wouldn't buy a phone off them if they are that cheeky to charge extra for the adaptor.

magnumlady wrote:
    Nah I wouldn't buy a phone off them if they are that cheeky to charge extra for the adaptor.

Damn Straight!
    Good move!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sligo2006

Hi
    I see there is a new curry's in Sligo. I live abroad but building at home. I am looking at the appliances in the North on their website. Do you know if they would be the same price in euro's once converted or how would I go about finding out rather than calling them with each individual piece.

any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Try their websites.

From my experience, when you convert from euro to sterling, there can be quite a difference.

Not the same prices.
    I bought an internet radio for 129 euro and then found I could have got it in the Eniskillen branch for £39
    I don't know if its the same on all products though.

I have tired their website but its in sterling. Maybe just me being stupid but what is the website in euro.
    Thanks for the help.

Afaik they don't have an Irish website.

• Advertisement

thanks for that.

Advertisement