Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refuse bins

Options
  • 14-11-2006 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭

I have two spare wheely bins (one black, one green), and I was wondering if they are worth anything? Or will I have to bring them to the local recycling centre?

thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I use my green bin as a mini shed and keep a lot of the garden tools that i use most often in it. Saves me having to trample across my delicate grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Don't they remain the property of the company that issued them in the first place? Just ring them up and they'll take them away for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

They were there when I bought the house, and I am using another company who issues their own bins.

I was thinking of making some sort of compostbin out of these bins but I already have a proper compost bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

positron wrote:
    They were there when I bought the house, and I am using another company who issues their own bins.
    Is there any indication on the bins of who issued them originally? I'd assume they'd still come and take them away even if you're not a customer. Same thing happened to me once, and they just came and picked them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

None. But there are only two agencies working in that area, I am with one (who issues new bins), so I guess these are from the other crowd. I will give them a ring and see...

..or a second compost bin, or a tool shed, or.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I think theres actually 3; midland waste, oxigen, and panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Whats the story with cancelling bin collections? I recycle almost everything and can do it for free in ballyogan so my waste that can't be recycled/composted would be minimal. On my own, I'd probably fill the black wheelie bin every 2 months if even.

Well it depends on where you live, and if the provider in your area offers a bin tag service which means you only pay every time you put the bin out.

Advertisement