Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing an Electric Shower - $$$$$$?

Options
  • 14-11-2006 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi,
    Could somebody give me a ball park figure of how much an electrician would charge to install an electric shower.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

ok your talking about 120 euro for the shower, about another 40 euro for an RCBO, about 1.50 euro a meter for your 6 sq t&e, allow 100 euro for labour, possibly less, thats not including plumbing it for you, only a few electricians do this, so ball park 300 Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

A decent electric shower would cost about 250-275? I fitted my own recently but it was pre-wired so it was just a case of hooking up the wires and wall mounting it..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jesus Woddle where you getting them for 120!!! I put on in my dads and it was the Mira elite pumped and it cost 260!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

Tritons or Myras are around 240 - 280 depending on where youre buying. Labour does depend on how long it takes to run in the cable. If the run is longer than 25 meters of cable then 10sq T+E has to be used. RCBO is about 40 quid. Pull Chord switch is about 15. Most guys will charge 40 - 50 Euro per hour. Dont pay more, theyre robbing you.

Word to the wise, this is a 40A device, half of total load entering your house when on full power. And it pumps water all over you! Dont try installing it yourself.

Advertisement