Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setup nvidia 6600gt for lcd tv and projector

Options
  • 14-11-2006 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

i need some help from your great minds......

i have a projector that can do 720i and a lcd tv that can do 720p. here is my problem

i have an nvidia 6600gt and i was trying to setup as a dual monitor so that i can configure the card to send the best signal to either the projector or the tv. the tv is dvi and the projecotr is using the component out dongle box.

i have the output working on both. but i cannot configure them seperately it seems. so for instance when i use the 'identify screen' option (it puts a big 1 or 2 on each screen), they are BOTh set to 1 or 2 ...i cannot seem to get them to setup differently and identify as 2 seperate screens.

sorry but i am suffering from muppet syndrome with this now and i am blinded by it. i am now getting to the point that i am afraid to fiddle too much in case i loose everything.

i tried the wizard setup but that just seems to do the same.

has anyone found on the web a n00b giude to this for XP. all i seem to find is linux. i tried nvidia...but their troubleshooting guide and faq never seems to work for me?

anyone got a suggestions...anythign greatfully received

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You mean it flashes 1:1 or 2:2 on both displays instead of 1:2 ?

1 should be the primary display in this case your LCD HDTV.

What NVIDIA drivers you using the classic or the new control panel ?

The latest are 93.71, if using the new control panel (located in the windows control panel section) go into the "display" section & under "multiple displays" select "change display configuration". If it has successfully detected the second display you will be presented with a few options, select the clone option first and it will display the order of the displays with your HDTV as first & the projector as second all there is to do after that is hit apply. {here is a screengrab of what I describe}

As I have no experience with projectors I'm afraid that's as far as my help can go however your LCD TV most likely uses the max resolution of 1366x768, 720i/p = 1280x720 so you may want to change the LCD TV desktop resolution to that setting before enabling the dual display if for instance you wanted to clone the display on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

8T8 wrote:
    You mean it flashes 1:1 or 2:2 on both displays instead of 1:2 ?

1 should be the primary display in this case your LCD HDTV.

What NVIDIA drivers you using the classic or the new control panel ?

The latest are 93.71, if using the new control panel (located in the windows control panel section) go into the "display" section & under "multiple displays" select "change display configuration". If it has successfully detected the second display you will be presented with a few options, select the clone option first and it will display the order of the displays with your HDTV as first & the projector as second all there is to do after that is hit apply. {here is a screengrab of what I describe}

As I have no experience with projectors I'm afraid that's as far as my help can go however your LCD TV most likely uses the max resolution of 1366x768, 720i/p = 1280x720 so you may want to change the LCD TV desktop resolution to that setting before enabling the dual display if for instance you wanted to clone the display on both.

8T*, thanks for the reply...yep when i power on the proj and the tv...they both flash 1 at the same time or if i select 2, then 2 at the same time..

i will check the version tonight, but i dloaded the latest last week and applied them.

Advertisement