Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City FC collapse. After Effects

• 14-11-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe I should have waited until Saturday to start this thread, buty Im bored, so here goes.

How has this affected your club? I can only speak for Cork City, but the effects could be hugely damaging once the dust has settled. We lost 6 points and 6 goals because of this. If we had these 6 points, and Drogs were restored their points, we would be 3 points ahead of them with a far better goal difference, therefore Europe and Setanta qualification all but assured. We would be in second spot, and would only need a point in Derry to secure 2nd.

I know its onnly reopening old wounds and so on, but it is a farce.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We'd be champions now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not quite. Ye would still be only 3 points ahead of us, and our goal difference would be better than what it is. We would still have a chance, if we thumped Derry by 4, and Bohs beat ye by 2. Unlikely, but possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,125 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if a club goes bust during a season, what alternative is there but to scrub all their results? I'm sure this has probably been discussed to death already, but does anyone have any other sane suggestion??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

loyatemu wrote:
    if a club goes bust during a season, what alternative is there but to scrub all their results? I'm sure this has probably been discussed to death already, but does anyone have any other sane suggestion??

Yes, done to death, Shels wanted 3-0 walkovers for the rest of the season with previous results standing. Expunging all results was the only sane way to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

bohsman wrote:
    Yes, done to death, Shels wanted 3-0 walkovers for the rest of the season with previous results standing. Expunging all results was the only sane way to go

Yeah, Shels and Shels alone of course.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote:

Well, the sanest thing to do would be make sure that, as part of giving a club a license, that their finances are in order to get through the season.

Its a hypothetcical thread anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

gimmick wrote:
    Well, the sanest thing to do would be make sure that, as part of giving a club a license, that their finances are in order to get through the season.

Its a hypothetcical thread anyways.

Im afraid if that were properly implemented then the champions elect wouldnt have got a license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Nor would Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Im afraid if that were properly implemented then the champions elect wouldnt have got a license.
    Hmm.

Probably true that, but still, if other teams can pick and choose which rules they are going to follow (Derry for example, getting off their points deduction for Hargan by crying because their fax machine was broken, when the rule book states clearly (one of the few things the rule book IS clear on) that the onus is on the teams to find out about suspensions) then so can we.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I didnt mean it like that. I was pointing out how lax the rules are enforced on numerous issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The league rules are clear on Dublin City.

No team may resign from the league during the season.

That is so easy to understand.

So therefore the league broke it's own rules by accepting DCFC's resignation. As a result, if they couldn't accept their resignation, they couldn't wipe out their results and should simply have awarded walkovers for the rest of the season assuming DCFC weren't going to turn up.

Well, as things stand, it has cost Cork City a spot in Europe and the Setanta cup, as well as €10k prize money.

Setanta and Inter Scroto spot could be secured if Derry win the Cup.

Advertisement