Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxation on car

Options
  • 14-11-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Recently I've been offered a job and part of my package will include my new company taking over the repayment of my loan. I will remain the owner of the car.

The sum of the loan will be 5000. Not sure if it will be paid in one lump sum or on monthly/weekly basis.

My question is what type of tax will i be subjected to from receiving this payment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

get them to pay you a mileage expense instead, it will save you any tax at all e.g. 75c a mile google civil service mileage rates to see what you can claim tax free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Revenue will only permit mileage expenses for travel on company business. They can and will look for detailed travel logs to support every claim.

Advertisement