Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what graphics card do i have

Options
  • 14-11-2006 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

the game i have pro evo 6 needs a NVIDIA GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500 video card minimum.,..

i have a dell pc which i got in march... any ideas if this would eb enough

how do i check

the game keeps crashing on me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The easiest way it to check the device manager;

Right click on My Computer in the start menu and from the context menu select manage. Now select the device manager look for the + symbol next to display adapters then click on it so it lists the graphics card in the system what does it say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

it says

Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Then that means you have the Intel GMA950 which is integrated graphics absolutely useless for games.

You require a proper graphics card what make & model Dell is it e.g Dell Dimension 5150 etc. as I can tell you from that if it has the expansion slot allowing a graphics card.

{Some cheap low end Dells do not have this slot complicating matters}

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

here is the screenshot..

how much and how difficult is it to put in a graphics card

That wasn't exactly what I was looking for but from Google the Dell Dimension DV051 item I possibly identified the system as a Dell Dimension 3100 or E310.

If that is the system you have then the bad news is that it does not have the PCI-Express x16 slot required for current graphics cards.

It has a single PCI-e x1 slot of which graphics cards are incredibly difficult to obtain with this interface. It also has two "classic" PCI slots for which some cards can be obtained.

Something like this PCI FX2000 card (not be confused with PCI-e) is one of the few cards you can use though I'm not entirely sure how the performance of Pro Evo 6 will fair but you may get away with it on the lowest settings.

One or two other users here have mentioned that a slightly better card the 6200 can be found in PCI form but I cannot recall exactly which store has them Pc World or some place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement