Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Timetables

Options
  • 14-11-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone didn't know, timetables for Christmas exams are supposed to be up as of today on http://www.ucd.ie/exams/index.html, though surprise surprise, there's nothing yet.

On the plus side, I did find out I only have 3 exams this Christmas, yay!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

the first appearance of these threads always fill me with a sense of doom:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yarg! i need to know when my exams are, and i need to know today for work purposes, hurry up you fiends!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

i need to know my timetable too,for the same reasons
    argh!
    are the timetables usually late being put up and if so how late?

it says in the diary thingymajig that the timetables go up 2 months before the exams

stupid liars :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

Ok. This college. I've lost all hope. The law school are CONSISTENTLY changing their tune about the exam formats, the coursework, the lectures.....everything. Then we had a meeting today to discuss the examination process under the new s&m system and they have suddenly decided that we can defer our Christmas exams if we want....! Out of nowhere. The direct quote was "the rest of the university don't like this but I couldn't give a f*ck". This talk out of a Professor?! I have NEVER seen or heard such unprofessionalism, it's outrageous. And our timetable was put up by mistake on Saturday as "some eejit down below in computers put it on" and then taken down and we have yet to see the actual timetable.....not up yet.....This is godot esque this is....boo. I'm not happy.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its Roebuck, what did you expect? They're the biggest joke of a faculty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

the first appearance of these threads always fill me with a sense of doom
    "O **** no.." were the exact words used when i saw this thread :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ok, say you have 5 exams, like me. Should you not have started studying for them last month? I mean, by this stage, you don't even have a week per subject. The appearence of this thread should hardly be the first warning sign of imminent exams. (I would have thought my sig would have given you ample notice!)

Ok, say you have 5 exams, like me. Should you not have started studying for them last month? I mean, by this stage, you don't even have a week per subject. The appearence of this thread should hardly be the first warning sign of imminent exams. (I would have thought my sig would have given you ample notice!)

ok, say I don't have 5 exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I would have thought my sig would have given you ample notice!
    Not fond of the oul' sig, I don't like to be reminded of impending doom:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Didn't you know about the exams before the timetable went up (and what they were going to be on)?

Note - not trying to be smart here, just genuinely wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Yea it sucks bring back student riots even the proffessors wud get involved! SU not wont Sh*t being screwed over and over again. Still havent bein told whether there is repeats or not for us. How crazy is that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The great thing about Horizons is that you can take an elective in Grammer:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I would absolutely love to have the time to start thinking of exams that early. Unfortunately, with so many assignments, there is absolutely no chance that I will have the time to start studying until the study week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

The great thing about Horizons is that you can take an elective in Grammer:rolleyes:

Unfortunately they don't offer spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

fish-head wrote:
    Unfortunately they don't offer spelling.

The ironing is delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

(I would have thought my sig would have given you ample notice!)

I blame Cloud! I'm using his theme and the text on those tickers never shows up :(
    *peer panic*

Waltons wrote:
    I blame Cloud! I'm using his theme and the text on those tickers never shows up :(
    *peer panic*

is the text not part of the picture??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Indeed it is, but the text is as black as my background.
    Echo what Blowfish said about assignments too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Scraggs wrote:
    Not fond of the oul' sig, I don't like to be reminded of impending doom:(

Me either!
    Though I do find that in general tis easier to study for crimbo exmas cos the weather crap and you feel like being inside. Worst is when its summer and the weathers gorge and you cant study cos you just want to be out frolicking by the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This is ridiculous, it's leaving it late as it is but to not put them up on the date they said they would is a joke!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

And when you get an A in the waste of space course it bumps up your GPA quite nicely. I gotta thank Intro to Info Skills for giving me enough GPA to spend my next semester in Sydney

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blowfish wrote:
    I would absolutely love to have the time to start thinking of exams that early. Unfortunately, with so many assignments, there is absolutely no chance that I will have the time to start studying until the study week.
    QFT, a degree in Computer Science is truly a mark of one's ability to code like a maniac, then cram like a maniac for exams. Filling one's head with 12 weeks of notes in a week.
    *dies*

i cant believe its not up yet, this is actually really bad, i could loose my job:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

ferdi wrote:
    i cant believe its not up yet, this is actually really bad, i could loose my job:(

That's a pretty big issue, you should go cause a fuss and give them a kick up the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

ferdi wrote:
    Can you just not take about 2 weeks off up until the 22nd of Decemeber? Do you actually need to know the exact exam dates i.e. will you only be taking a handful of days off? If so then tell your employer now you'll be taking a few days off up until xmas but are awaiting confirmation of dates from UCD.

Sangre wrote:
    Can you just not take about 2 weeks off up until the 22nd of Decemeber? Do you actually need to know the exact exam dates i.e. will you only be taking a handful of days off? If so then tell your employer now you'll be taking a few days off up until xmas but are awaiting confirmation of dates from UCD.
    i've taken an extra christmas job (have to pay the bills) so i cant take any time off at christmas - i need to know the specific days of exams in order to tell emplpyer - i'm contracted for this period so if i keep stringing them along "eh...the college havnt put up the exam timetable yet, i swear!" they 'wont be able to keep me on'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

This is daft. One of my Erasmus buddies has to get home to do a re-sit and can't book flights until he knows when the exam is. Every day that passes, the cost of the flights go up. Absolute farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

Ridiculous. Still no timetable. Submissions on SIS are at 12pm and 3pm (apparently). We better know by this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

WTB: 3rd CS exam timetable. PST.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Blowfish wrote:

Ditto but i only have 2 exams for 2 modules because my other 4 modules will be done and dusted by then so i can possibly cram during study week

i'm scared by how fast this year going :(

Advertisement