Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digitalb Signal

• 14-11-2006 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I got a digitalb sub a couple a months ago, happy with the content, movies premiership football.
    However when there's heavy rain I lose signal completely, light rain I lose signal stength but still receive picture. as soon as the rain stops signal strength recovers.
    I've changed lnb and cable (even though I didn't REALLY think that was the problem).
    When the weather is fine I have no problems sig. strength 85% plus quality 90% plus.
    16 deg is quite a tricky sat to get peaked, has anyone else experienced similar problems? I'm using a 1 metre offset dish. 0.3db lnb

cheers:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try a 0.6dB LNB. Seriously. And check, elevation, azimuth and skew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Thanks for the reply Watty, alignment was my first thought and as I mentioned I did replace the lnb, but with another 0.3dB, not with a 0.6dB as you suggested.
    I will double check my dish alignment but I was interested if there was anybody out there will a digitalb subscription, and whether they incountered any problems, be it weather or otherwise?

Advertisement