Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Booby Robson Fecked?

• 14-11-2006 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭

I saw Bobby Robson on the telly yesterday and I thought he looked desperate, his looked like death warmed up and his speech was I thought a bit slurred, Stan didn't sound convincing when he said it was great to have him back. I have great respect for the man but at 70 and just having recovered from a brain op maybe it time for him to retire, I could be wrong, any one else see this?
    PS The title is a genuine typo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

He should be rocking in his rocking chair eating werthers original with his grandkids, reflecting on the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

his body might be old but his footballing brain is one of the best around and last time i checked, ireland havent won a match in a while so i dont think we're in a position to be slagging off the 70 year old who's been futher in the world cup than any irish manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Right now I wish he was still at Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hehe, Booby Robson.

He seems to be one of those people who just can't quit the game, which is admirable in one sense but surely his family won't agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

el rabitos wrote:
    his body might be old but his footballing brain is one of the best around and last time i checked, ireland havent won a match in a while so i dont think we're in a position to be slagging off the 70 year old who's been futher in the world cup than any irish manager

Alf Ramsey won a world cup, maybe we should dig him up out of his grave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

bobby robson has the advantage of being alive and still haven gone futher than any other irish manager, he's also got the advantage of being currently employed by the fai so i think we can settle for him

good idea though buffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

el rabitos wrote:
    I didn't want to seem to be slagging him off, I have a great respect for him but thought he was very shook looking and that maybe his 'footballing brain' is suffering after that op, he'd be better off for his sake to retire now, would'nt like to see him relapse or worse still keel over during tomorrow night's match. Comes a time for everyone to retire maybe it's his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    LOl Zinedine Kilbane cures paralysis could be the breakthrough the medical world is searching for.

patmac wrote:
    LOl Zinedine Kilbane cures paralysis could be the breakthrough the medical world is searching for.

Is there no end to Kilbane's abilities!? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

el rabitos wrote:

Did he not confuse himself with Brian Robson recently?

Had a quick search, probably belongs in the quotes thread but http://www.laughfc.co.uk/stories/story.php?id=755

Advertisement