Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt & S

Options
  • 14-11-2006 5:36pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since I upgraded to FF2, Alt & S (submit post keyboard shortcut) doesn't work. instead it opens the History menu.
    Can the shortcut be changed?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've noticed a couple of odd things myself since FF2 on boards and on another forum which uses vBulletin as well. I think you'll have to wait for either a FF2 patch or for a vBulletin upgrade.

[edit]Alt+S works for me though.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Alt+s seems to do other things in FF 2 that it didn't before, like if you do Ctrl+F and then press Alt+s, it does the same thing as Enter.

Alt+s comes from the windows shortcut for "send", so I'm not sure if it's changeable.

Some FF expert will probably tell us how to change the relevant settings, if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It can be changed.

1. In your address bar, type 'about:config' and enter.
    2. Filter for 'ui.key'
    3. change chromeAccess to 5
    4. change contentAccess to 4

Et viola, once again you are posting with joy.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The HTML code within the submit button contains
    accesskey="s"
    which allows for the Alt & S feature. Changine the HTML of showthread.php and newreply.php (and maybe a few others)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

testing Amps hack...

edit: dats bleedin rapid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I would take the credit but google is my friend.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Amazing! Cheers amp!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Cheers amp

about:mozilla ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

kbannon wrote:
    The HTML code within the submit button contains
    accesskey="s"
    which allows for the Alt & S feature. Changine the HTML of showthread.php and newreply.php (and maybe a few others)
    Up until recently the only characters guaranteed to be available for use with accesskeys where the digits 0 through 9.

Recent changes in some builds of firefox (whereby Alt+Shift is used to access accesskeys) means that even they can't be relied upon any more.

Hence, it is in fact completely impossible to pick a key for this that will work on all browsers.

Advertisement