Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Directions Blackrock to Clondalkin

Options
  • 14-11-2006 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

Hey all I need some help with driving directions if anyone knows the streets of Dublin very well.

Starting a new job on the Nangor road next week and I have to take the car as its a job requirement.

I dont want to use the M50 for obvious insane traffic reasons and I don't want to head up the coast towards town and cut across as the road works on the Rock Road make it almost impossible most mornings.

Does anyone know a quicker route from Blackrock to Nangor Road in Clondalkin during rush hour traffic that would mean I don't have to get up at 6.30 in the morning! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

There's no way round not getting up at 6:30 i'm afraid.

Have a gander on http://www.aaireland.ie and go to the route planner, that'll give you a pretty good route, and trace through it with google maps or http://www.mapquest.com

If it was me I'd head down the canal, and head for the Chapelizoid bypass and out the N4. Your talking at least 2 hours in traffic though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

m50 to ballymount, its tallaght that the queues start so it isnt too bad, take a right at the top of the slip road, take a left at the second roundabout, past tv3 and down to the next roundabout, straight through that for a couple of hundred meters, take the right at the red cow retail centre drive to the end of this road, you will pass Irish distillers on the left and heitons on the right, take the left at the t junction, white bishop motors will be in front of you, stick to the right hand lane and follow the rest of the traffic, once you past the junction on the left had side you will see the big woodies store, you are then on the nangor road.

Its easier than it seems, drive it on a sunday to get a feel for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im a cabbie and Id agree with Nuttz on his route....your much better hitting the Nangor road from Naas road in the morning time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

Silas I already tried aaireland and viamichelin, google and mapquest but their level of detail just isnt good enough.

I appreciate the directions Nuttzz will deffo try this out Sunday night and see how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Try www.dto.ie

Fantastic journey planner

micmclo wrote:
    Try www.dto.ie

Fantastic journey planner

seconded

this site has saved me so much time

Advertisement