Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Post! Wooo00000oooot!

Options
  • 14-11-2006 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Wow!

I'm delighted and can't wait to get to know ye all.

thanks a lot guys for supporting and approving the forum, I think it'll be a valuable community

tbh.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no one has ever been this happy to have a long term illness.

I don't, i guess I'm just trollign. sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hehe!

Wh00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's not the cards you are dealt, mordeth, it's how you play them :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Congrats on the new forum! But 6 mods?! How much trolling do you expect to go on in here?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

There are actually 4 mods of this forum in order to give adequate coverage, a number of them for different reasons will be away from time to time. Having 4 means there is a better chance that there is be at least one available to moderate.

In addition Long term illness covers a large number of illnesses, and having some mods with a good knowledge of some of these illness means the forums can be better moderated and if required.

DrIndy and Simu are Mods of the parent Forum and Category, hence they are mods by default:)

I do not expect that there will be much need for moderation but would hope that these mods can bring an extra level of expertiese to the discussions.

V.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

CathyMoran is awol for the next 2 weeks- undergoing chemotherapy in St. Vincents. She sents her regards.

As for the number of mods- well, while it will discourage the trolls, its also is a reflection of the differing life experiences of the mods.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

Great to see the forum up and running . It is chemo day for me today. Slept most of the day after arriving home. It going to be a bit slow for me as the side effects of chemo are not nice to have. I will be sleeping though most of it and I will be nearly back to normal on Sat/Sun. So the other mods will keep the forum going...:D

My interest in this is to pass on any information requested. I have done some intensive research into my condition and complementary treatments. As one of my chemo buddies said I am a human libary.

Some backgrond info. As my heading goes I have bowel cancer. The condition is rare for my age and there was no family history either. I do not have Crohn's or any intestine conditions. Not even irritable bowl syndrome. It just came out of the blue. The feeling that life sucks went through my mind when I was first diagnosed back in August. Then my friends and family rally around and help me out of that hole. So now I want to help others.

Well enough for now..

S

Scenic911 wrote:
    Great to see the forum up and running . It is chemo day for me today. Slept most of the day after arriving home. It going to be a bit slow for me as the side effects of chemo are not nice to have. I will be sleeping though most of it and I will be nearly back to normal on Sat/Sun. So the other mods will keep the forum going...:D

My interest in this is to pass on any information requested. I have done some intensive research into my condition and complementary treatments. As one of my chemo buddies said I am a human libary.

Some backgrond info. As my heading goes I have bowel cancer. The condition is rare for my age and there was no family history either. I do not have Crohn's or any intestine conditions. Not even irritable bowl syndrome. It just came out of the blue. The feeling that life sucks went through my mind when I was first diagnosed back in August. Then my friends and family rally around and help me out of that hole. So now I want to help others.

Well enough for now..

S

Hope it works and it doesn't make you too sick!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Hope it works and it doesn't make you too sick!:)

Terrible joke.

By the way, good luck with the new forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I work part-time in St.Vincents (on a break now), so I may run into some of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

smccarrick wrote:
    CathyMoran is awol for the next 2 weeks- undergoing chemotherapy in St. Vincents. She sents her regards.

As for the number of mods- well, while it will discourage the trolls, its also is a reflection of the differing life experiences of the mods.

S.
    Hey ya smccarrick, send Pigheads regards to CathyMoran as well. She really seems to be an impossibly nice girl, but sure you know all that already.
    Anyway great idea for a forum. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Pighead wrote:
    Hey ya smccarrick, send Pigheads regards to CathyMoran as well. She really seems to be an impossibly nice girl, but sure you know all that already.
    Anyway great idea for a forum. Best of luck.

Yes, she is one hell of an impossibly nice girl, as you put it. I'll pass on your regards to her. She was beginning to feel very nauseous this evening- so hopefully she feels a little better in the morning. Thanks from Aoife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good to see this forum has been made, it should be a good resource :)

Advertisement