Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperterminal problem

Options
  • 14-11-2006 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help here,been trying in my company now for 2 weeks to resolve this for one of our field guys but no joy, IT dept are lost so i've resorted to the net!
    Anyway,problem i have is connecting across a remote data link to another box,i can connect to the local box with hyperterm no problem, we are able to connect to the next box in the link ( usually different physical location, this is a telecom network) via a remote port on the equipment, we connect to the other side exactly the same way as local side, all settings etc the same.

With this particular guy,when he tries to connect to remote side, he only gets the 1st line prompt he should get and then the screen "stops". We tried different cables, given him a new laptop, tried with known working cables,nothing makes a difference. Does anyone know of a good troubleshooting procedure with hyperterminal. The settings we use are com1, bit rate 9600, parity 1.

I cant see how this problem is happening,it's only a simple hyperterm connection, works on local, just seems not to work over remote connection. I know this is a long shot but you never know.

thanks

Advertisement