Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Advise Please..

• 14-11-2006 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

About 4 months ago my girlfriend text me saying that it was'nt working out after a few texts and a couple of phone calls and a 2 page letter which i wrote (about two weeks) she finally built up to courage to see me to my face (and even then she burst into tears) and said she was unhappy and she wanted a couple of months of a break and we'll see then weather to continue or not.I was gutted,our relationship i suppose had its flaws we had fights i suppose like everyone else and she said to me that i had a loose wire which i had and to sort myself out(my temper).3 weeks later i heard she moved into the city which is not far from where we lived.And after the 2 months i text her and she said what i thought she would say 'thanks for asking me to dinner, sometime maybe but i think its best to leave things the way they are for now'.Anyway i asked her i would like to keep in contact and she said theres nothing wrong with been friends.I have decided to go to austraila with a mate of mine in a few months,thing is i think i still love her.I got her a presant which i never gave her for her birthday and was thinking of giving it to her before i go,i know in my heart and soul i'd take her back in a second.She's 22 and im nearly 27,we lived in the town and went out for nearly 3 years

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i'd stick the present in the bin and wouldnt bother. The more you keep thinking about her the more it will bother you. Just move on and look forward to the holiday.

If her feeling changed i am sure she would of been in touch with you. But she hasnt, chances are she has moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

It definitely looks like she has moved on..time for you to do the same. Australia is very nice this time of year. Go for it and put thoughts of her out of your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Doesn't sound like she is into it. Even if she did change her mind, you are going away for what I assume is a long time. This hardly bodes well for anything happening.

On the positive side, you will be kept busy over the next few months - getting things ready for the holiday, having farewell parties and then there's the trip of course (lucky bastard)! Look forward to the future and stop pining after the past. This trip is the perfect way to move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 klubhead

Ok i probably needed someone to tell me that.I'm sure by now she heard im going to austraila for a few months although i did tell her that i would text her again.Should I?Or just leave it or maybe text her good luck that i was going,i think the more i text her the more i will be thinking about her,yes i think its about time i moved on but even from the texts i get back off her i can still see theres interest there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Interest or no: don't press it. You'll only succeed in driving her further away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Sounds like game over. As for staying in contact and being friends. Only possible if both parties are completely over each other.

Also remember the golden rule: women only want what they cant have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sad for you, but from the way you tell it, she has moved on. Your coming trip to Oz should be a good break for you. A new start. Fun and adventure, and allow you to move on too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 klubhead

Ya it was staring me in the face but i suppose i just needed someone else to tell me.I have no other choice but to move on if it was meant to be it was meant to be if she did have the slightest bit of interst to start again i'd know surely by now.I am gona take this time to look forward to OZ and start afresh.

Advertisement