Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The weeks internationals

• 14-11-2006 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought seeing as theres internationals tonight, I may as well start the thread.

Holland U21 0-1 England U21, Hoyte

Just flicked over in the 39th min to see England 1 up and carson making a decent save. He's been playing really well for Charlton and England so I guess thats Rafas chance to sell him. :rolleyes:

Wales 1-0 Liechtenstein
    Koumas (8)
    Super hit,from 25 yards.

How come liectensteins anthem is god save the queen? Also why is giggs playing? This has to be the most pointless game ever ( bar a B international sandwiched between the final 2 el games of the season :) ) He shouldnt be anywhere near Wrexham, unless he specifically asked to be picked. Down with friendlies, boo urns.

Heeh, the commentator, just talikng about Giggs and Bellamy just starting to find form at club level. Does he watch football at all? He certainly cant have seen any Liverpool games and as far as I cant see Giggs has been playing really well this season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

2-0 Wales. Another superb strike from Koumas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Because they have a monarchy. Quite a few monarchies have god save the king/queen - it's their king/queen they're singing about, not the British one.

Giggs wanted to play. He's pretty loyal to Wales and wants to up his caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Bellamy also starting. It's actually a good opportunity for him to get a few goals and boost his confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kinaldo wrote:
    Bellamy also starting. It's actually a good opportunity for him to get a few goals and boost his confidence.

He should be in the u21 squad, the water polo squad and the over 35's 5 a side to get as much practice as possible.
    psi wrote:
    Giggs wanted to play. He's pretty loyal to Wales and wants to up his caps.

I always thought giggs was of a similar opinon to keane, and wasnt really interested in pointless friendlies. I would tend to agree with that. If i had my way there wouldnt be any friendlies, and if they must have them, use them to give fringe players a go.Espially games like this that seem to be a pointless excercise ot pick a crap team and see how many they can score against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Goal for the understrength Aussies against the Ghanaians. Penalty converted by Aloisi. Just coming up to end of 1st half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,076 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Giggs is off for the second half anyway so is safe from injury. Bellers is the captain. I've only been flicking on and off but apparantly he's been the best player on the field so far, hopefully he can get a goal or 2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,076 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yup Bellamy got his goal anyway, good goal alright, good interplay around the box and finished emphatically (though went in off the crossbar, almost lucky it didnt rebound with his current run of bad luck)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

so England are one up through Rooney.

Just flicked over at half time in our game to have a look and caught Jan Klass Huntelaar coming on. When asked if he had seen anything of the lad before Mark Lawrenson replied "Absolutely nothing". The same Mark Lawrenson who is an ex-Irish international and makes money from our television stations. Nice to see he still takes an interest in our recent games what with Huntelaar destroying us in a recent friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

1 Iker Casillas (G)
    18 Lopez Angel (D)
    3 Guerrero Antonio Lopez (D)
    2 Francisco Javi Navarro (D)
    20 Gutierrez Juanito (D)
    14 Xabi Alonso (M)
    8 Francesc Fabregas
    21 David Silva (M)
    11 Miguel Angulo (S)
    10 Fernando Morientes (S)
    7 David Villa (S)

The above Spanish team lost 1-0 at home to Romania making it 4 defeats in the last 4 months for Spain, surely one their worst ever runs? Their next game is against England in Manchester.

Advertisement