Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Bin for grass cuttings etc?

Options
  • 14-11-2006 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Does anyone know if theres such a thing as a brown bin for grass cuttings etc. thats collected by someone on a regular basis like recycling? I'm in Dun Laoghire Rathdown area. Have heard mention of such a bin but not sure if its widely available, charges etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This has been promised by South Dublin County Council for some time now, ,but as yet I haven't seen sight nor sound of any bin.

I did a quick search and came up with this*. Maybe contact him for further info...........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This has been promised by South Dublin County Council for some time now, ,but as yet I haven't seen sight nor sound of any bin.

I did a quick search and came up with this*. Maybe contact him for further info...........

*Just a link - not a Green Party advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stevo11

Depends where you are based... we use CityBins here in Galway and have had a brown bin (plus normal plus green) for the last year, so they are available...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

They are trialling the brown bins in 8000 houses on the Northside (Dublin City Council areas) at the minute. My mother in law got one. Depending on how the trials go, they will roll it out.

The collection of the brown bin is alternated with the black bin i.e. black bin one week, brown bin the next. There is no charge for the brown bin

Not sure how trials are going. There was a lot of media coverage of problems experienced over the Summer. The lids on the bins were not airtight and some people had problems with bluebottles getting in and laying eggs. Hence brown bins full of maggots and hysterical homeowners

D

Advertisement