Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos furniture

Options
  • 14-11-2006 9:20pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

anyone ever buy one of the leather corner (or other) suites from argos.

how are you meant to try them out - sit on them ??

they have one that would fit the space but like above - what's it like,

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Hi,
    A few months ago i bought a large kiev sofa from argos.

If you dont like what you buy there is a 14 or 16 (can't remember but it says on the back of the catalogue) no quibble returns policy.

Now, the sofa i bought was the lowest class leather, and one small section of it has aged prematurely and is yucky wrinkley compared to the rest of the sofa. i bought the sofa in august.

argos have a one year warantee that they will repair the product, replace or refund it in that order it seems.

however, i rang last week and explained what happened to the sofa. they asked if we wanted a replacement. we said no and they offered a refund straight off. no argument. no offer of store credit. i totally didnt expect such good customer service. the phone call took 3-4 mins. they are picking the sofa up today and i have to go into the store i bought it in, and they'll refund me.

now, all that said. i am going to buy a different sofa from them with the same quality leather. i think i just got a dud. but at the end of the day there is a safety net.

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Homebase have the same furniture as Argos, pop into a Homebase store and see if they have the same sofa.

they will also take back anything within 14/16 days of it being delivered, so if you don't like it just ring them up and they will call over and collect it. I bought some flatpack stuff from Homebase and didn't want one of the items, rang them up said i didn't want it the guy on the phone just said wrap it back up as best you can for when the collect it.

I've bought quit a bit from them and have always been happy with the service. Homebase also give 10% off on thursdays for over 60's so check them out first.

Advertisement