Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Broadband

Options
  • 14-11-2006 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here has gotten a wrap on the knuckles from Digiweb Broadband for nearing their bandwidth cap. I have a DSL-1 package and recently went on a spate of downloading ISO's for various Linux distributions trying them out and I got a mail to say I had exceeded my bandwidth cap. When I enquired further I was told they had no way for me to monitor my traffic so I could moderate my downloads myself, instead I had to send an email requesting a report for my download traffic so when Im downloading its a shot in the dark. Does anyone know how I can monitor my bandwidth usage using my router (as my bro use's the broadband too so no point in me running an app on my machine)

Also a mate of mine has the same DSL package and downloads whack loads of movies and music etc. He has never had any problems with bandwidth so maybe someone can explain why to me (networks are not my strong point)

PDD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You can monitor it here but it looks like they are reinstalling the web server at present. They will restrict you once you go over your limit. AFAIK the limit is 30 days rolling and not a calendar month.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

**** took ten days to tell me I wasnt eligible for broadband today. Set me back two weeks and now I have to go to satan (eircom) Or satan's smelly aunt, BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

;)

http://codebox.no-ip.net/

:D free download monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Yep seems like they are installing new server alright. Last time I talked to Digiweb the ability to monitor you own bandwidth wasnt available and they said it may be available soon which for me means 6months when it comes to most things. But maybe this service will be available soon.

I have a Netgear DG834G router and I was wondering if anyone knows how to monitor traffic on this router so I get an idea of total bandwidth from all clients?

Can anyone offer an explaination why my mate whos download half the internet has never gotten a wrap on the knuckles? I know that BitTorrent uses different ports etc maybe that something to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Looks indeed like the server is being worked on. mytraffic.digiweb.ie has been up and running for almost all customers for a while now. its a totally automated system that handles the restrictions etc so if your mate is downloading half the internet it is being monitored and he will be limited when he goes over his cap

• Advertisement
Advertisement