Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping status tonight?

Options
  • 14-11-2006 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

My pings are absolutely f*cking dysmal tonight, for some unfathomable reason. Nothing under 100-odd, no 64-p servers under 300-odd :mad:

Anyone aware of NTL doing maintenance or something? (am on NTL 3mb, D16 area).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

No problems, i only noticed lag on one server when titans moved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes Ambro ive had that problem for 3 weeks now on eircom 3meg line.
    Tired of ringing their support.
    My pings are spot on during the day but once evening time arrives they go insane :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

@ AnCapaillMor:

(i) do you use NTL and are you in same area-ish?

(ii) lag due to Titan moving in BF2142 would IMHO be BF2142-specific and not an influence on ping times to servers in BF2 multiplayer GUI (that is, before connecting to servers). I know to click on servers and refresh servers often in that BF2 GUI to get more accurate ping figures, btw.

I've recently changed my router and PC setup from full DHCP to static DHCP (allows DHCP server to assign same IP address to specific MAC address). Could it be BF2 doesn't like that? That would be weird as I don't have any problems with any other apps - in fact, it's improved some.

Can't be AV or Firewall, and I believe (famous last words) I'm trojan/virus -free atm.

Aside from the above, I can only put it down to contention (I think that's your prob as well, DCully :() and that means some b*****d in the estate must be going at it tooth and nail with the Mule or BT atm. Hopefully way over his cap, so I think I'll ring NTL tonight and see what's what.

Ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

I've got the exact same problem on a 3meg Eircom line, only for the last week or so though. Rathmines exchange by any chance?

Advertisement