Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ART lose rights for next season ?

• 14-11-2006 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

Seen this on another forum, anyone know it this is true and will it effect ART sports for the english football ?

Showtime Arabia announced today that the world’s most popular and watched sporting league, the Premier League, will be available exclusively on Showtime Arabia, the best pay television network across the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region. Showtime Arabia has acquired the broadcast rights for three seasons starting in August 2007.

Famous clubs, world-class players, passionate fans, and a way of life for millions, the Premier League is widely acknowledged as the most exciting football competition in the world. Premier League matches are broadcast every week during the season in over 200 countries around the world and followed by over a billion fans.

Mr. Richard Scudamore, Chief Executive of the Premier League, said “We are extremely pleased to have awarded the broadcast rights to Showtime Arabia. We believe Showtime Arabia has the perfect platform on which to further raise the profile of the Premier League in a region which has shown great appetite for football. We look forward to working with them to bring all of the very best of the Premier League action to homes across the region”.

“Acquiring these rights is absolutely in line with Showtime Arabia’s strategy to provide our customers with the very best in entertainment, including exclusive premium sports, movies, and series.” said Mr. Faisal Al Ayyar, Chairman of Showtime Arabia. “The Premier League’s choice of Showtime Arabia is a reflection of our leadership in the MENA region. Showtime Arabia values their trust and will work closely with them to execute a strategy which clearly articulates the high quality value of the league and leverages the strength of the Showtime brand and network across the region.”

Building upon its leading technology platform, Showtime Arabia will set new standards for the production and broadcast of Premier League matches. In both Arabic and English language, the innovative coverage will further distinguish Showtime Arabia as the leading pay television operator in the region.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would assume yes as Showtime Arabia targets the Middle East and North Africa, like ART do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

It appears to be true.... I'll get back shortly....

Edit: Only other forums and blogs say that Showtime Arabia have won. What's quoted above appears like an official press release from the Premier League, but no UK based news outlet has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

DMC wrote:
    What's quoted above appears like an official press release from the Premier League, but no UK based news outlet has it.

The quoted part is just from another forum, I couldn't find anything offical on the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

This story does the rounds every year.

Unfortunately, it seems to be true this time.

Plan B
    squeeze in another LNB at 16e and get Digitalb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Pal wrote:
    This story does the rounds every year.

Unfortunately, it seems to be true this time.

Plan B
    squeeze in another LNB at 16e and get Digitalb.

What do you mean by Digitalb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wouldnt be so sure of digitalb getting rights for next year either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Digitalb have now got a spin-off package called Supersport, which shows premierleague football, among other leagues,it's sold on a seperate card.
    If you bought one of the original digitalb card pre-August, you will continue to get English premierleague, but others leagues/competitions are scrambled.

and if this rain continues! I won't even bother switching on the receiver!!!!:mad: excuse the rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Very tricky to get 13E, 16E 19E on same dish. I'm looking at especially skinny Kathrien LNBs but no-one seems to sell them. I asked the irish distributer and he offered me a multiLNB mount bar, not the LNBs

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Oh for fup sake, and me just enjoying my "freeish" PL coverage!!!!

So Digitalb is losing it also Ronan, is that for sure? I am sure we will find another satellite!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

@Watty
    Just a quick response on the 16° Multifeed subject.
    I got exellent results on 13°,16°and19° with the ALPS "Rocketfeeds" (taken from the german name "Raketenfeeds") e.g. : here
    All, and more, on a Gilbertini mount bar. Does the trick, even with Digialb in bad conditions! ;)

• Advertisement

I have a Quattro version. but on 90/95cm Triax dish the spacing is too tight. Not close enough to 3 degrees.

What size / make / model dish are you using?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Those ALPS are Triax LNBs, they come with the MultiLNB Bracket package designed to fit TD series dishes. I dunno how you'd get em to work on 13, 16 and 19 though, as they would still be extremely tight? Maybe they'd work if all 3 positions were using those LNBs due to their bullet shape?

I'd also be interested in knowing what make/model dish you're using.

They are a bit skinner than the Quattro version (I beleive Alps make em for Triax). With the Quattro version if I align on 16E I get a poor signal on both 13E and 19E. If the Dish F/D was slightly different (this affects spacing) then what I have would nearly work. I'd guess the non-Quattro slightly skinner LNB does just about allow all three, if you have a slightly non-standard F/D or smaller dish (alignment less critical).

But with Triax 90/95cm I'm skeptical that even these will work.

There is a Kathrien LNB I want to get that is Quattro and a Tall / Skinny design.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Sorry for taking so long.
    This setup is to feed my Technisat SS2 card.
    I use 5 ALPS single LNBs on a Triax TDA110 with a Gilbertini Multifeedholder (metall) on 13°16°19°23° and 28, had another one for 7° ebu-feeds but put up a 90cm Kathrein dish for that bird only. All I had to change was to drill a wee hole at the end of the arm. The dedicated triax brackets (plastic) are no good for that purpose. Not enough space on these yokes as Byte has already pointed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Yes, but what's happening to our footy next season!

Advertisement