Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elements

Options
  • 14-11-2006 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone noticed how there is discrepancies in the size of the portions in the new elements restaurant. In particular the size of the lasagne, portion. Last week I was in there and got a decent portion (well about EUR6.50 worth) but this week I got a tiny portion, I was looking at other people's plates and some people had much bigger pieces others had even smaller!

Is there a suggestion box where we can put ideas and comments or better still, a manager who we can address???

Let me know your experiences of Elements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

as much as i like the place and the concept, it reminds me of Argos for food. I wonder if theres a 16 day money back guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I havent been yet, its always SO crowded at lunchtime and it closes a little after that which I think is ridiculous. Not worth venturing into the horrible science block methinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The standard has dropped dramatically recently in there I and a few others think, you're not the only one who's noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I was there for the first time today. Soup was lukewarm, but spicy enough for it not to matter, the bread with it was a bit dried out but that's probably due to storage, tasted ok really. The chips - cooked fresh when I ordered them my ass - were also lukewarm and a bit dried out. Disappointing to think the chips are nicer in the restaurant... Scraggs got great onion rings, but her garlic bread could have been cooked a bit more too. Hit and miss, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Slash/ED wrote:
    The standard has dropped dramatically recently in there I and a few others think, you're not the only one who's noticed it.
    A bit unusual really - usually these kind of places get it wrong from the start (lack of experience by staff) but improve as time goes on (learn from mistakes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Yeah I was in there the other week + lasagne + chips was lovely. Monday this week nowhere near as nice + the chips were nowhere near "piping not". I'll be sticking to Cafe Brava and Mammy's dinners from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

The Science Block... I hope to never have to set foot in there during my entire UCD career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Their breakfast menu is lovely, only had lunch there once though, since I'm a cheap bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I ordered something on the menu without the onions that were listed and they made it without. It took a while to do though, which suggests they made it from scratch for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I eat in there a bit, always get great food, it may be Argos but it's damn tasty, it's only opening funny hours at the mo cuz it's still new and they're in the process of obtaining a lis...(i can't spell that word...) but they shall soon be opening until 1am afaik and serving alcohol after 9pm. They just have to sort everythin out yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Its spelt lease. Not lis. Hullabaloo is the mod of Spell Czechs, change it before he sees that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Its spelt lease. Not lis. Hullabaloo is the mod of Spell Czechs, change it before he sees that.
    I believe she meant licence, dude. As in, to serve alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

got breakfast in there a couple of times, not bad, not great.

Le Rack wrote:
    they shall soon be opening until 1am afaik and serving alcohol after 9pm

Alcohol? In the science block? That isn't in a big brown bottle with a skull on it?

They must be mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I believe she meant licence, dude. As in, to serve alcohol.
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Raphael wrote:
    Their breakfast menu is lovely, only had lunch there once though, since I'm a cheap bastard
    Why eat there when you can make an insanely good stir fry?
    mmm Raphael's stir fry
    Its not worth the prices that you pay in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

gubbie wrote:
    mmm Raphael's stir fry

/me wants a stir fry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I also have mixed feelings on it.

The dinner I had one time (thai green chicken curry with rice+naan bread) was a bit stingy on the chicken and the naan bread and I'm a fan of meat.

I also had chips and garlic bread there before which was very nice and only 3.50 so not too bad and a handful of crisps that they put on the plate.

I'm going to try the warm oats drizzled in honey one morning which sounds yum.

I don't like as mloc said the argos feel to it, having your number shouted at you and stuff is annoying and not conducive to a good atmosphere.

Pricing is ok, not much better than other places for reasonably healthy choices imo.

The thing that I really miss about the old restaurant is the fact it was used as a common area, it was where i did most of my lab reports/study and had a much more relaxed feel to it, unlike the new place.

Overall on the scale of emoticons i'd give it :confused:

oh and buffalo wings of all types suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

gubbie wrote:
    mmm Raphael's stir fry
    Because when other people make food it requires no effort on my part.

And the porrige and honey is fucking lovely, tribulus. ANd it;s the cheapest thing on the menu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

tribulus wrote:
    oh and buffalo wings of all types suck

You damn fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The thing that I really miss about the old restaurant is the fact it was used as a common area, it was where i did most of my lab reports/study and had a much more relaxed feel to it, unlike the new place.
    QFT, I studied for 4 years of exams in there... /cry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

buffalo wings of all kinds suck??? what is your major malfunction private piles?? buffalo wings are the single nicest thing you can eat, go to captain america's on grafton street and try the wings with cajun sauce, if you still dont like them, you're just a mentalist!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

griffdaddy wrote:
    buffalo wings of all kinds suck??? what is your major malfunction private piles?? buffalo wings are the single nicest thing you can eat, go to captain america's on grafton street and try the wings with cajun sauce, if you still dont like them, you're just a mentalist!:p

Elephant and castle in temple bar chicken wings...hmmmm...... or tribecca in Ranelagh....double hmmmm! Taste them and you'll LOVE chicken wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

panda100 wrote:
    Elephant and castle in temple bar chicken wings...hmmmm...... or tribecca in Ranelagh....double hmmmm! Taste them and you'll LOVE chicken wings.
    i've tried elephant and castle and they're pretty tasty alright, i prefer the saucy kind though, the ones with the heavy browny sauce, not the kinda yellow light sauce ones, haha. what're they like in tribecca? is it worth shaving my beard for?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

tribecca is the same as elephant and castle, one of the chefs left elephant and castle to set up tribecca and took the recipe with him

i had buffalo wings in new york once, amazing. some of the stuff you get here is so far off the mark...

Advertisement