Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th birthday venue

Options
  • 15-11-2006 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Howdo! My sis wants to have her 30th in Galway and was looking for a venue. I mentioned Massimos to her, but surely there are more spots to have a party - maybe some finger food - any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Does she want a private thing, like a function room? Otherwise most pubs accept large companies.
    Really it's up to the size room you need and what you want, food, DJ etc.

I recommend upstairs Buskers, good service, finger food, music... Or Rabbit's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Cactus Jacks, The Brasserie, Drimcong House Restaurant or Goya's are very nice places in Galway for what you need. Check out the Galway section of Ireland Guide for more great choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Catus Jacks is the worst resturant in Galway !!!! The food is shocking !!! service is terrible too. Stay clear ...

For a 30th your probably looking at maybe going for a meal in Kirbys and then into Buskers..or Milanos if you want to keep the budget down for pizza and wine..then any pub bar except the quays on quay street...

Mac Swiggans has fantastic food and very reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

mac swiggans has savage food alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Mc swiggans is a good one or fibber mcgees do finger food and parties and that kind of thing.Upstaris in Buskers isn't bad either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

the-furbo wrote:
    fibber mcgees do finger food and parties and that kind of thing.

Fibbers Nnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!! For a 30th? Just make sure you dont tell anyone.

Anyway , ya Buskers is good my own sister is having hers their soon .McSwiggans is good too, bit pricey though for dinner though, main course and then extra if you want a potato and more again for each type of veg.Bit ridicolus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I know its funny but the Red Square does good food or Bar903 or if ya want some well nice food and good atmosphere id say go for the Kings Head Or The Cellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check with Kings about hiring the Ruby Room
    http://www.thekingshead.ie/ruby.php
    Then join the general mayhem that is KH on a weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Upstairs in Buskers is good, and they'll do finger food. or for a sit down, Kirbys. Ring Alan or Louise on 563377 if you want prices or to book it.

We had a get together in Kirbys 2 weeks ago. 10 of us, 10 starters and main courses, 4 or 5 desserts, with 3 bottles of wine and coffees, worked out about €45 per person including tip (it was €41 each before the tip).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 roslumbago

I second the motion to avoid cactus jacks
    horribly overpriced foods with terrible service run appropriately enough by bunch of cowboys from the north (husband and wife)

I'd give the cellar my custom

• Advertisement
Advertisement