Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Books

• 15-11-2006 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm trying to improve my Irish and I want to read as much as possible. I've started reading some basic novels (from the local Gaelscoil bunscoil) but I find its taking me a huge amount of time because I end up looking up the dictionary and by the time I find the word and then I see other words in the dictionary that I want to learn as well etc etc. All well and good for the learning experience but I would like to be able to finish a book at some point and I find that looking up the dictionary distracts me from the storyline :rolleyes:

This is probably a long shot but are there any books that already have the translation (eg. at the back or on another page). In that way I can read through the Irish and then quickly look at any words that I don't know.

Go raibh mile maith agaibh.
    Roc

Comments

Advertisement