Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doing anything on Friday?

• 15-11-2006 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

I know I am!

Yet again the eircom League title has gone down to the last day of the season, for the third season in a row. This Friday, Shelbourne will host Bohemians, whilst Derry entertain Cork, with both of the home sides level on 59 points. Shelbourne have the advantage by virtue of a better goal difference, so a victory will guarantee us the league title, otherwise we need to match the Derry result.

This is what its all about, the atmosphere in Tolka on Friday is going to be absolutely electric, as I'm sure it will be in the Brandywell. If you live within any reasonable distance of either ground, enjoy your football and are free on Friday night, there is no reason why you shouldn't pop along and enjoy the emotion and the excitement of a final day finale.

Both games kick off at 7.45.

Bus Routes to Tolka.

3 (O'Connell Street)
    11,11A, 11B (O'Connell Street)
    16, 16A (O'Connell Street)
    41, 41A, 41B, 41C (Eden Quay)

Driving to Tolka

From the North of the city....

Follow the Swords Road road from the airport towards the city. This becomes Drumcondra Road at the Whitehall junction. Continue straight, passing the Skylon Hotel on your right. Go through some pedestrian lights and Tolka Park is left at the next lights, on Richmond Road.

There are free car parks in operation near the ground but to get to these you should turn left at Whitehall onto Griffith Avenue, right at the second lights, onto Grace Park Road and this will bring you to the Ballybough end of Tolka Park.

From the city centre...

Follow signs for the airport which will bring you out along Dorset St. which becomes Drumcondra Road. Cross the canal and go under the railway bridge. As you keep driving, you'll pass houses on your left which are back from the road, behind trees. After these houses, you go through a set of lights and over a bridge. Richmond Road is the next right.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I would love it [strike]if we beat 'em[/strike] if I could be in Tolka, but unfortunately will be in Copenhagen for a mate's stag. Booked months ago, I'd presumed we'd have had the league sown up by now...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I would love it [strike]if we beat 'em[/strike] if I could be in Tolka, but unfortunately will be in Copenhagen for a mate's stag. Booked months ago, I'd presumed we'd have had the league sown up by now...;)

Its live on the net, ;)

What a stag do that would be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'll be trying to find a boozer with RTE (it's on live, yeah?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd prefer to cut my testicles off then risk watching shels winning the league in person.

I'd prefer to cut my testicles off then risk watching shels winning the league in person.

Then get down and shout for Bohs, surely it would be sweet to see us blow it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Unfortuanlty bohs are muck. Surely yous cant lose to them yet again?

My testicles are far to valueble to be risked on a team like bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

My testicles are far to valueble to be risked on a team like bohs.

2 goal rule, Ill be leaving if we go 2 down or if Shels and Cork are both 1 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

A draw could cost us the title. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I will not be able to function on Friday.

Nerves are already setting in, and I'm getting the odd twitch of the eye.

It's a local derby, you can walk between the grounds, and they'll be busting an absolute gut to stop us winning the title.

No Joey Ndo is a big blow, and Alan Moore limped off on Friday night, so it won't be a pretty performance from Shels.

I expect to be hoarse on Saturday morning, and that feeling of being in the bar in Tolka after a league win is one you never stop savouring. Singing with the players, drinking god knows what out of the league trophy.

Cork City, on the other hand, will be striving for second place in Derry, they have snook up on this two horse race.

I don't care who finished second as long as we win the title, Cork City can make it easy for us, but we know what we need to do.

Win and we'll be champions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    the atmosphere in Tolka on Friday is going to be absolutely electric
    Of course it is. The Bohs are coming. :D
    We may be worse than useless this season, but we always like to have a pop at Shels. And we beat you in August :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

was at the same fixture a about 4 years ago when bohs won the league @ tolka park and right enough the athmosphere was electric.
    the bohs were buzzin that night alright. i'll go again this friday even thogh i'm a neutaral. defo worth the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If Fenlon is going to Derry and its a done deal would he lose this game to manage a CL team next season?

More Atmosphere at a Boardeuax game tbh.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

KdjaCL wrote:
    If Fenlon is going to Derry and its a done deal would he lose this game to manage a CL team next season?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I will be in the Flansiro consuming a drop of Whiskey whilst enjoying a Flandog whilst watching a game of end to end attacking footie ;)

I will be in the Flansiro consuming a drop of Whiskey whilst enjoying a Flandog whilst watching a game of end to end attacking footie ;)

Any chance we can get a pint in Flansiro this week?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Personally I think it'd be better for the league if Derry won it. I can imagine them doing better in Europe. Does anyone know if the Irish Champs will be starting in the 2nd qualifying round instead of the first?

Voltwad wrote:
    Personally I think it'd be better for the league if Derry won it. I can imagine them doing better in Europe. Does anyone know if the Irish Champs will be starting in the 2nd qualifying round instead of the first?

Derry and Shels will be seeded in the 3rd qualifying round, so in theory it doesnt matter which club wins the league but in reality shels losing all their players on saturday. Their manager also going so the reality would be that Derry would be irelands best option for CL next season.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Both clubs would be seeded in the first round of Champions League. I reckon both would be seeded first round UEFA Cup too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

KdjaCL wrote:
    Derry and Shels will be seeded in the 3rd qualifying round, so in theory it doesnt matter which club wins the league but in reality shels losing all their players on saturday. Their manager also going so the reality would be that Derry would be irelands best option for CL next season.

kdjac
    both in the 3rd round? serious?

Voltwad wrote:
    both in the 3rd round? serious?

To get from unseeded to seeded was a big task, now its time to move from 3rd to 2nd.

Bear in mind these clubs operate on small budgets (about 1 mill for Derry , 2 mill for shels per year) the clubs they against have far bigger budgets so its baby steps. But its heading in the right direction.

Sadly its the EL and with that comes comeplte and utter retardedness, Derry to win the league atm they have no manager (possibly fenlon) Shels to win they have an entire squad going to the PFA to ensure they get free transfers as shels did not pay them therefore they are free agents, so who does a non derry/shels fan want to win?

jesus on every EL fan site theres a "firesale" thread about what players they wan, for Pats i want Heary :D , terrible i know but they deserve it.....its all swings and roundabouts :)

kdjac

• Advertisement

I think he's referring to them the other way around? Seeded in the 1st.

Kdja, get off them drugs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No chance of a pint due to the issue of our toilets not being in the same "area" as the bar, so no tax cearance cert to allow license apparently, despite the toilets only being 5 feet away. Bring in a bag of cans :)

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    I think he's referring to them the other way around? Seeded in the 1st.

Kdja, get off them drugs!

Its 3rd 2nd 1st Champions League in that order.

No chance of a pint due to the issue of our toilets not being in the same "area" as the bar, so no tax cearance cert to allow license apparently, despite the toilets only being 5 feet away. Bring in a bag of cans

FFS

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Its 3rd 2nd 1st Champions League in that order.

Nope, its 1st, 2nd, 3rd, CL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

RTE2 are showing one of the 2 matches but I don't know which one. Is anyone the wiser???

Shels - Bohs.

We don't play well on TV.
    We don't play well on last days.

:(:(:(

Ah you're just making me worse now. We do play well at home though. :)

I'm gonna have to be drunk to enjoy this one.

Advertisement