Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some quick info

Options
  • 15-11-2006 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I am looking to register a .ie domain and need hosting and at least 5 email addresses as well. It just a small simple website that won't have much traffic, whats my best option?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

You can host your site with HostIreland. They provide some good hosting packages and also 24 hrs support. However, they dont provide cpanel if you're looking for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I am looking to register a .ie domain and need hosting and at least 5 email addresses as well. It just a small simple website that won't have much traffic, whats my best option?

Thanks
    Hi

Our Soho plan is the most cost effective (http://blacknight.ie/soho.0.html) one for you.

This will give you more than enough features to get started and a .ie domain will cost you an extra €45 ex-VAT.

If you have any queries please let us know

Thanks

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Im sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i was just looking for a quick answer, ive always wandered how would one go about hosting ones own website and getting ones own domain name.
    I mean what is the process - where do u guys get your domain names? did you originally register a couple of hundred thousand .ie domain names or when some requests one you just go buy it from somewhere else?

User45701 wrote:
    I mean what is the process - where do u guys get your domain names? did you originally register a couple of hundred thousand .ie domain names or when some requests one you just go buy it from somewhere else?
    We are accredited resellers / registrars with a large number of registries, so when someone wishes to register a .ie domain, for example, we register it on their behalf with the IEDR (http://www.iedr.ie)
    As we handle so many we get a better rate than you would get buying from them direct, which is why we only charge €45 ex-vat for new registrations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

blacknight wrote:
    Hi

Our Soho plan is the most cost effective (http://blacknight.ie/soho.0.html) one for you.

This will give you more than enough features to get started and a .ie domain will cost you an extra €45 ex-VAT.

If you have any queries please let us know

Thanks

Michele

Thats the one i was checking out, i just wasn't sure how many email addresses were available with the hosting. I used blacknight before for a website i did with someone else and it all went smoothly so once it's all sorted and ready to go i'll be getting soho. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Thats the one i was checking out, i just wasn't sure how many email addresses were available with the hosting. I used blacknight before for a website i did with someone else and it all went smoothly so once it's all sorted and ready to go i'll be getting soho. Thanks :)
    Great :)

If you need anything please let us know.

I won't be monitoring here much over the next 48 hours, due to the Net Visionary Awards, so please contact our sales team if you need any info.

Advertisement