Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deactivated Webley Service Revolver

Options
  • 15-11-2006 4:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've recently obtained a deactivated Webley service revolver and some blank bullets. My issue here is that the chamber appears to have a small cylinder or disk welded/soldered beneath the extractor to inhibit the entry of bullets. I would like advice on how easy or realistic it would be for me to remove this disk so that I could (simply for my own enjoyment) place bullets into the cylinder. The gun is old spec and everything that should move does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I would like advice on how easy or realistic it would be for me to remove this disk so that I could (simply for my own enjoyment) place bullets into the cylinder.

Winner of the must dubious thread ever on the Boards Shooting Forum Award 2006. On so many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

I think this link will help..!

Click Here

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yup, gets my vote.

Official statement nick is that what you're talking about is illegal, dangerous and stupid. You're looking at significant jail time if caught, probably a fair few missing fingers if you succeed (assuming the barrel's been plugged, it being a deactivated gun), and a lifetime of kicking yourself for both when legally getting a replica or the real thing would be so much easier.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement