Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acoustic Guitar lessons in Galway

• 15-11-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations for acoustic guitar lessons in Galway city.

Are acoustic guitar lessons usually 1 on 1 or as a group?

Cheers,
    LP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Gimme Stitches

Hi LP
    You could try Noel Bridgeman.
    Check out http://www.galwayguitarschool.com/
    He is based in Salthill, he takes groups or individuals.

/GS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Hi GS,
    thanks for the pointer.
    An impressive looking site and detail.
    Have you taken the class yourself?
    Anyone else out there have experience with Guitar Lessons in Galway city?

Cheers,
    LP.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Gimme Stitches

Hi LP
    Yes I have taken lessons. I had the idea that if you took lessons you would automatically be able to play! Wishful thinking. You really need to work between lessons. The lessons are useful in that early mistakes are cut out from the start and you are playing with people of a similar standard so at least you know it takes time to get into it. Learned chords is based more around learning songs.
    Sessions are 6 weeks and each lesson lasts 45mins in a group, 30 mins as an individual. Noel is a very good guitarist and a good tutor, and a good a place as any to start.Hope this helps. If you have any more specific questions you would like answered let me know.

/GS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i went to Declan Collins for a good few years. he used be up on prospect hill, but he moved and i've no idea where he is now. 1 on 1. very good guitarist, primarily an electric player, but he does know his way around an acoustic very well too, but not as familiar with the genres maybe.... but he didn't really have a set lesson plan, so if you havn't really got it in your head as to what you want to do you mightn't get much out of him but you only get as much out of a teacher as you put in anyway.

A few people i know didn't rate him at all, but he taught me a hell of a lot. I played for 2 years before i started going to him so i don't really know what he is like for the basics... i'd still recommend him to anybody though.

i've never had any experience with group lessons, but i've been told to keep the hell away from them by friends. i'd always rather have a one on one with a teacher anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cheechee

Hi guys..does anybody have Declan Collins Phone number?..does anybody know a classical guitar teacher in the Galway area...many thanks....cheers!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnacoustic

I've been away gigging and teaching guitar in Manchester for the last 5 years, Im back at home in Galway now and I'm currently just starting to give individual lessons in guitar, piano, singing and songwriting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement