Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glass tiles

Options
  • 15-11-2006 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Have just put in a new kitchen, white high gloss, and am considering getting glass tiles for the splashback. Howeer most of those I have found are very expensive ranging from €2.75 PER TILE (4"x4") :eek: :eek: to €162/m :eek: . Anyone know of a shop doing them for a more reasonable sum?

I am also wondering if there are particular difficulties in laying glass tiles - how do they stand up to cutting etc?

Am I mad to be even considering it?

All advice listened to ;) thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 noidea

elqu wrote: »
    Have just put in a new kitchen, white high gloss, and am considering getting glass tiles for the splashback. Howeer most of those I have found are very expensive ranging from €2.75 PER TILE (4"x4") :eek: :eek: to €162/m :eek: . Anyone know of a shop doing them for a more reasonable sum?

I am also wondering if there are particular difficulties in laying glass tiles - how do they stand up to cutting etc?

Am I mad to be even considering it?

All advice listened to ;) thanks
    I too am thinking of glass tiles for kitchen splashback- was told by tiler that cutting them is not really advised as they are only painted on the reverse side and can peel when cut! Try looking at sheeted glass splashback- colourglass or dreolin glass in waterford do a good range.

I'm stuck on trying to pick a colour- cream high gloss units with a walnut worktop!! Think I'll go with the red glass splashback.

Best of luck and I hope you get some replies as I'm also v interested in what advice you get!!

Advertisement