Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing problem

Options
  • 15-11-2006 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

4bed semi-d with three wc's. When anyone of them is flushed, there is a loud 'gluging' sound as they refill (since the last week or so) - and the bowls fill up with water for a couple of seconds and go back down again after a few seconds. The downstairs wc is (as of this morning) filled up and will not clear.

Any idea what this might be?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just guessing here, but I would assume your drains outside are getting jammed. Can you open up a manhole to have a look while you flush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

delly wrote:
    Just guessing here, but I would assume your drains outside are getting jammed. Can you open up a manhole to have a look while you flush?
    Yeah - your right.
    The manhole at the front of the house is free - but all the ones along the back of house are blocked up to the brim. Whats the best way of going about freeing this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

Yeah - your right.
    The manhole at the front of the house is free - but all the ones along the back of house are blocked up to the brim. Whats the best way of going about freeing this up?

getting a set of rods with either a worm head or a plunger head nd shove them down the shore .its probablly just toilet paper built up . but rods are much cheaper than calling out dyno rod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Thanks for the info folks. I managed to get a couple of metres length of heavy guage hydrodare pipe - cleared it straight away. Two big chunks of concrete stuck in the corner of the wavin piping - holding up proceedings.

Advertisement