Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasterboard settling cracks

Options
  • 15-11-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    I seem to have a bit of work ahead of me in the form of cracks in the plasterbaord. Newish dormer house, 5 years old. The upstairs was done in a hurrry before we bourght it 3years ago. The cracks are mainly at the joints where the stud wall meets the ceiling. It also seems to be badly taped. One of these cracks is about 3mm wide and theres no evidense of joint tape or mesh.

What i would like some advice on is wether or not this is something I can tackle having never done plastering before. Or would I be better off getting someone in to do it?

Any adivce welcome

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Or can anyone recomend a plasterer for some small jobs in the Limerick area?..

Dave

Advertisement