Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with thread_hot.gif??

Options
  • 15-11-2006 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

Hi guys it happens to me annoyingly often that I get a problem as in the pic below where the boards are more or less unuseable as long as the condition is present.

I mod a forum and it's annoying not to be able to get in there and see things properly, it does work, but it is very inconvenient, does anyone else have similar issues?
    It looks like a broken link to that gif basically, but is there anyway to stop firefox literally blowing such a small error out of all proportion, or is a server side fix needed?
    Browser is firefox obviously and the issue has been there since at least FF beta, so I don't think it's really browser related as such.

Help would be much appreciated.

I forgot to add the properties of the missing url are http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/statusicon/thread_hot.gif, I'm also not sure if it's always this icon that I have problems with.

screenie.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't quite understand that - is the image of the Help desk forum main page? Where normally you would see the list of thread titles right?

Weird because the particular image works fine for me.

Have you tried clearing your cache? If that's not it I'd do an adware/spyware clean, but I don't have much else of an idea of what it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

That's the image I had of helpdesk at the time I posted it.

It happens to me about once a week.

I'm pretty sure I'm spy and adware free due to where I'm sitting, I don't want to elaborate on that point however, I already removed company relevant information from the picture.

It's still occuring at the moment and when it happens it happens anywhere the offending gif is found.
    Maybe if you cleared your cache, you might see the same problem as me as the link is being served locally to you and not to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm pretty sure I cleared my cache there (still getting used to FF2) and the image shows up ok.

Try adblocking that particular gif, maybe, until the problem is understood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I think clearing the cache has done it, but it makes very little sense to me as to why that would work.

It's hard to know I didn't get to check immediately after clearing the cache *shakes fist at workload*.

I'll check if it happens again if I get immediate feedback from clearing the cache.

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I think clearing the cache has done it, but it makes very little sense to me as to why that would work.
    Maybe the cache had a crappy broken copy of the file that the caching system thought was fine even though the rendering system couldn't display it properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement