Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

96 corolla, slight skirmish rear bumper

Options
  • 15-11-2006 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

right lads

had a slight tip with above car recently, no visible damage, it happened at a roundie anyways you man said its 250e......hmmm. all i saw was scuff marks, nothing back to black would fix. the bumper was also sagging down a small bit on the side that was hit, probablt the screw that was holding it up collapsed.
    anyway, is this price resonable? i mean he could have reversed into a wall and charged me for that also.......!
    there was a dent on the back already i observed, and it was rusted......

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

€250 sounds like peanuts to me. Don't forget that the other driver is quite entitled to go through your insurance and have the damage repaired at an approved workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

legs11 wrote:
    right lads

had a slight tip with above car recently, no visible damage, it happened at a roundie anyways you man said its 250e......hmmm. all i saw was scuff marks, nothing back to black would fix. the bumper was also sagging down a small bit on the side that was hit, probablt the screw that was holding it up collapsed.
    anyway, is this price resonable? i mean he could have reversed into a wall and charged me for that also.......!
    there was a dent on the back already i observed, and it was rusted......

cheers

It's people like you i hate sharing our roads with. You had a tip with him. You were obviously in the wrong. He tries to do the right thing by looking for PEANUTS to sort his car and not screw you and you try to query it. I hope he goes through his insurance company and finds he has a pain in his back and neck in the process. And people wonder why everyone insists in calling the guards to the most minor of incidents - it's because of people like YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

€250 is peanuts.

Consider yourself lucky.

And next time keep your distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

pay the money 250 is nothing for you driving into him

in future keep your distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

250 is unfortunately what one would probably end up spending at the end of the day to do a proper job replacing the bumper and painting it etc at a decent bodyshop once you add in parts, paint and labour (whether it looks justifiable or not).
    I'd say you're lucky that the guy isnt going to claim off you or go after you for some bullsh*t "whiplash" claim so you'd be best off to just pay him and keep some record of it.

Your insurance will probably go up by at least double that figure if he pursues you though that channel.

Seriously, you'd be best off to just pay the guy off and hope that's the end of it.

As for the other posters on this, get a life guys, accidents happen, it's just good that nobody got hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

Sorry to ANAN1, accidentally lumped you in with the other two posters who were givin out to the OP. Missed yuor post in there because it was small

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Sorry to ANAN1, accidentally lumped you in with the other two posters who were givin out to the OP. Missed yuor post in there because it was small
    No probs. That said, I think that what gets to the other posters is not legs11's rear ending the other car but rather her begrudging attitude towards the other driver who, by the sound of things, was trying to help her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Anan1 wrote:
    No probs. That said, I think that what gets to the other posters is not legs11's rear ending the other car but rather her begrudging attitude towards the other driver who, by the sound of things, was trying to help her out.

The other driver was entitled to the 250, and it sounds like a fair estimate.

However I doubt very much if the Corolla will get repaired. That of course is the owners choice, but I can see how it would annoy the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

maidhc wrote:
    The other driver was entitled to the 250, and it sounds like a fair estimate.

However I doubt very much if the Corolla will get repaired. That of course is the owners choice, but I can see how it would annoy the OP.

Just because it might be a fairly rough '96 corolla doesn't mean that he shouldn't get his €250 to do some repair work. Where's the cut-off point where the OP wouldn't be annoyed? A '05 corolla? It's a pretty ignorant point of view to take that just because a fella's car might be oldish he shouldn't get a few quid when someone drives into the back of him.

If i was at fault here and the guy said "gimme €250 for the bumper and we'll let it go at that" i'd pay him on the spot and thank God he wasn't going to go any further with it. TBH you'd want to be some eejit to argue with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

when handing over the money make sure you get the receipt. happened to a fella i know. had a minor tip agreed to pay . handed over the money and two weeks later a solicitors letter saying he never paid. lucky for him he handed it over where he works and had it on cctv.

btw 250 is nothing these days for car repairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

DukeDredd wrote:
    Just because it might be a fairly rough '96 corolla doesn't mean that he shouldn't get his €250 to do some repair work.

... that is precisely my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I know from experience that it's on average 250EUR to paint one panel (in my case, a door)

Advertisement