Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balcas Wood Pellet delivery Query

Options
  • 15-11-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have constructed my own wood pellet store. The opening is about 3 foot square about 4 feet off the ground. I have a hatch on this with a small opening (approx 5 inches in diameter) to allow the hose from the lorry to by put through. There is a plastic sheet on this opening that can be secured to the hose and prevent dust from leaving store during delivery.

My query is will balcas deliver if I use this set up or will I need to get a male coupling as stated in some of their documents.

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

You will need a 4 inch male camlock fitting for balcas
    I think they are the same fitting for grain cattle nuts etc on feed bins
    They can be purchased from a company called Hi power in cork and dublin
    that supply all sorts of fittings.
    also you should have a inlet and outlet pipe on your pellet store to allow air to escape as pellets are being pumped in put filter or rag or old tshirt on outlet to stop dust coming out
    I am going to use a old steel water trough with fittings welded on and plywood cover to store pellets inside garage:)

Advertisement