Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skirts appropriate for work

• 15-11-2006 1:17pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok I am looking for a couple of skirts that I can wear to work. Obviously I don't want the teeny tiny bum hugging skirts that are out in the shops at the moment but I'm short too so nothing long.

Has anyone any suggestions of where I might find a nice above the knee but not up to my bum kind of skirt this weekend for wearing to work with dark patterned tights and boots/shoes?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Check out Grafton street if ur in Dublin. Next has loads of formal clothes, try Warehouse, Brown Thomas, Oasis...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks Lil Kitten, I actually never thought of Next. I don;t usually do the skirt thing but thought it'd ne nice for a change! I'll check it out at the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I bought a sort-of-formal skirt in dunnes for 25euro especially for work experiance that I'm doing in a pharmacist but I'm afraid to wear it in case it's inappropiate. I've been wearing nice casual, but appropiate work clothes so far and I only have one day left which is tomorro so I'm wondering should I venture in to wearing it with a shirt+blouse and black tights and boots? I think it would look over-dressy but need a second opinion! Anyone? The skirt was described on the label as a 'tweed pleated' skirt but it's not very pleated and it looks kind of formal I suppose. It's just above knee-hight so it;s not too long/short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I think that sounds like a good combo, I do teaching practices so usually wear a skirt & shirt or zip up wooly top. As long as its not power dressing pinstripe suits or skirt suits i'd say your grand :D And employers appreciate an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Sp@rtacus

• Advertisement
Advertisement