Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts for an American family..

Options
  • 15-11-2006 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Lookin for some suggestions for gifts for an American family I am going to visit for Thanksgiving the end of next week. I'm not staying with them but I will spend the day with them eating their food etc..

Wanna bring something more than the standard bottle of wine, possible something Irish (you know they'll love that!).

Profiles:
    - Standard mid-50s couple
    - 22 yr old "saccer" playing daughter (no funny ones on this!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

A bottle of good Irish whiskey ? Whats your price range ?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

You can't go wrong with something from Newbridge Silverware. Something household or some of their fab Christmas tree decorations...or jewellery for ladies and a nice pen for gentleman? I had some people in US both family and business contacts to buy for last year and bought a load of Newbridge stuff in their own showrooms and they loved it! You can get their range in most good gift shops or check them out online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Something from Carrolls Irish Gifts perhaps?*shudder* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

hehe! Carrolls - the thoughts of it!

c - 13: yeah, thought of the bottle of whiskey meself alright, that's for the brothers tho - so still needed something for the rest of em!

Builderwoman: cheers for that, will have a good, that'll do nicely for the parents!

Now just need something for the daughter....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

mack1 wrote:
    Now just need something for the daughter....

Must...... resist..... comments ......
    How about a necklace/bracelet while your in newbridge silver ?
    Failing that, Irish soccer Jersey ? You did say she's into soccer yeah ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement