Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Xmas Party in Limerick? Suggestions wanted

Options
  • 15-11-2006 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Anyone got any suggestions? organising office xmas party for maybe 10 people.. Want to have some food, then drinks then maybe club after, thinking maybe luigin malones, clohessys, then sin bin..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

luigi malons sounds ok but clohessys and even more sin bin is really a matter of taste. my company is doing there from time to time a night out - and i avoid it. sin bin? me? jayzus!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Be warned that Clohessy's don't do food after 6 on Fridays anymore for some reason.

Trinity Rooms do a Xmas party package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

ninty9er wrote:
    Be warned that Clohessy's don't do food after 6 on Fridays anymore for some reason

hmmm, my company is doing there their chrismas party :( on a friday and food will be served between 9pm and 9:45pm. it's the only time in the year that you will see me there...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My sister had her 21st birthday party in the Loche Bar a while back. There were about 100 people though so we had one of the function rooms. The finger food and service they provided was pretty good.

If there are only 10 of you then you will be better off booking a table at a restaurant and then going onto a pub/night club afterwards.

Some good restaurants are:
    Copper and Spice
    Texas Steakhouse
    Jasmine Palace
    Bamboo
    Luigi Malone's

Most popular pubs are within walking distance of the above places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Unless things have changed, my experience of Luigi Malones has been very hit and miss. It does have a good variety of food which is always handy with a group, but the last time I was there, some of the food came out lukewarm, even though mine was grand. But then maybe I've been unlucky.

We had a our christmas party in Moll Darby's a couple of years ago and it was lovely there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I agree with chuckles. I find Luigis to be very hit and miss. I went there last year, and I had a gorgeous meal. Went there two weeks ago and it was the blandest tasting food I've had ever. I regularly go to the Texas Steakout, and it's consistently good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Dolan's do good food. Reliable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Are you looking for finger food from a bar or a meal from a restaurant? My boss prefers the finger food option (he's not tight) and puts money behind the counter for the night rather than the restaurant thing. We're having it in the new Flannerys Bar on Denmark St - good menu and smoking area also...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

For 10 people try Aubars for excellent food and own nightclub.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Are you looking for finger food from a bar or a meal from a restaurant? My boss prefers the finger food option (he's not tight) and puts money behind the counter for the night rather than the restaurant thing. We're having it in the new Flannerys Bar on Denmark St - good menu and smoking area also...

Do you work for Flannery's? You've publicised their new bar a few times too, not that there's anything wrong with that, just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Nope, my years of bar work during college are long behind me. I'm just looking forward to a new watering hole opening and as I said from a previous post, the floor plans that are outside the building look very impressive. Thats why I'm excited and also because I smoke....

Advertisement