Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw Doctors & The Fureys w/ Davey Arthur - Tradfest 06

Options
  • 15-11-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

The biggest TRADFEST to date…

On Monday 20th of November two of Ireland’s most renowned live acts, The Saw Doctors and The Fureys with Davey Arthur, will take to the stage in the newly refurbished and reopened Tripod (formerly Redbox) as part of DIT Students’ Union’s TRADFEST 06 event.

Also on the line up is Pigtown Fling featuring Kane O’Rourke as well as the Celtic Rhythm Professional Irish Dance Troupe. Doors open at 8pm with the show starting at 8.30pm sharp. Tickets are only €12 and are available from DIT Students’ Unions across all sites from lunchtime Wednesday 15th.

TRADFEST 06 is run by DITSU in association with the DIT Social & Cultural Committee and has been gathering steam in DIT for some years now, always selling out quickly and packing venues.

The Saw Doctors are back by popular demand following one of the ‘Nights of The Year’ as they headlined TRADFEST last time round. Their latest album, ‘The Cure’ was released earlier this year and received rave reviews.

The Fureys with Davey Arthur are touring heavily at the moment playing venues across Europe, thrilling audiences as much as ever. With the busy schedule it’s somewhat of a coup that DITSU managed to get them onto the TRADFEST 06 line-up.

TRADFEST 06 promises to be a night to remember. See you there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I hear there's a problem with tripod as a venue though... something about legal issues? Care to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I hear there's a problem with tripod as a venue though... something about legal issues? Care to share?

the venue's been going through "renovations" for a few months, which are not yet finished. every gig booked there since august or something has had to be moved or completely cancelled altogether. last one to have this issue was wasp last week, which was postponed (and moved to another venue i believe)

trust DIT to book this venue out of all the venues available :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Not DIT, ditsu. if dit were running it, it would be held for free in the Aungier st courtyard in the middle of a feckin hail shower.

So I wonder is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

from what i heard it was on last night but had to be stopped half way through cause the crowd were getting too rowdy.

now that's only from word of mouth so i'm not sure if it actually happened or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yup it was abandoned halfway through. Who woulda thought it?
    Rowdy students at a saw doctors gig!!:eek: The band didnt seem to mind though.

That's a bit of a joke really. I'm sure they won't mind rowdiness at whatever big name promoter gig they put on. Oh my. Students always get ripped on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

it was still fantastic.

not half as rowdy as last year and wasnt even nearly full so dont see why it got called off halfway through.

the announcer went:

" the show is over. it has been deemed unsafe to continue. protest all you want, this is not woodstock and the show is over "

- classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

Yeah, it was a bit mental all right, i was with the dj at the back off the room and got the whole thing on video. Ill put it up on you tube if anyone is interested. Loved the bit where everyone sat down on the ground and refused to get back up (ha, only lasted about 3 mins pu**ys)

Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

yeah lash it up. thatd be class!

• Advertisement
Advertisement